NIght Shooting Rats & Starlings with my HW100T

Max115

Jul 15, 2018
BC, Canada
Finally had a chance to go back to the "rats farm" to some pest control work (free of course) after two months. My HW100T was still holding zero shooting the Hades 16gr pellets. I got there just before sunset to do some paper zero check and as soon as the sun went down, rats were coming out to feed.

I was able to tag 16 fat rats within 2.5 hours then I peeked in one of the barns on my way home and saw some starlings roosting there again. What a wonderful surprise and I slowly and quietly walked in with my gun and a tripod. I did a quick scan of the area and saw about 50 starlings sleeping.

I shot 16 starlings as well. It was a great night of air gun shooting, that's for sure. Definitely put some smiles on my face and made me appreciate how effective and fun it is to shoot pests with air rifles.

Video will be released this Friday. Thanks.

HW100T-Rats-Shoot.jpg

Target-Shooting-Rats.jpg

Finally had a chance to go back to the "rats farm" to some pest control work (free of course) after two months. My HW100T was still holding zero shooting the Hades 16gr pellets. I got there just before sunset to do some paper zero check and as soon as the sun went down, rats were coming out to feed.

I was able to tag 16 fat rats within 2.5 hours then I peeked in one of the barns on my way home and saw some starlings roosting there again. What a wonderful surprise and I slowly and quietly walked in with my gun and a tripod. I did a quick scan of the area and saw about 50 starlings sleeping.

I shot 16 starlings as well. It was a great night of air gun shooting, that's for sure. Definitely put some smiles on my face and made me appreciate how effective and fun it is to shoot pests with air rifles.

Video will be released this Friday. Thanks.

View attachment 496814

View attachment 496815
Max , a great time I'm sure ! I had a good streak this week myself. I mounted the ATN 4K Pro on my old Hatsan FlashPup after tuning the gun down. I hit one barn expecting a few shots but what I got was three mags of shots & 22 rats confirmed w/ many possibles . The " moonscape " of manure hid many and the action was so fast I couldn't keep count on my phone or gather any but a few w/ in reach ! I gave it a couple days & went to that and another barn for an even dozen rats. I have had a few pigeons give it up also from the silo . No doubt , this is great fun !!

Max , a great time I'm sure ! I had a good streak this week myself. I mounted the ATN 4K Pro on my old Hatsan FlashPup after tuning the gun down. I hit one barn expecting a few shots but what I got was three mags of shots & 22 rats confirmed w/ many possibles . The " moonscape " of manure hid many and the action was so fast I couldn't keep count on my phone or gather any but a few w/ in reach ! I gave it a couple days & went to that and another barn for an even dozen rats. I have had a few pigeons give it up also from the silo . No doubt , this is great fun !!
Sounded like you had a blast as well. Good job with tagging them rats with your Hatsan.

@Ezana4CE Thank you. It was a lot of fun to be out and shot my airgun again. Just helping out the farmer to thin out these pests. The HW100T is my first PCP and it is still one of my favourite. Just like any PCP, once you find the right ammo and the right tune, the accuracy is excellent. This gun is heavy and built like a tank, but it is easy to maintain and operate. A great gun for my rats work. Cheers.