• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Night vision that's scope style

drsquall

Jul 22, 2022
OK
Hello,
I am looking for a night vision IR light set up that looks like a scope. I don't want to spend a lot of money because I'm just trying to defend my wife's chickens at night from critters so this is not going to be something I will be using all the time and really don't wanna throw $1000 at it. Would you recommend a used ATN Or what? Rangefinders nice but not necessary and ballistic calculator is not necessary. All my shots will be under 30 yards.

Thanks

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Hello,
I am looking for a night vision IR light set up that looks like a scope. I don't want to spend a lot of money because I'm just trying to defend my wife's chickens at night from critters so this is not going to be something I will be using all the time and really don't wanna throw $1000 at it. Would you recommend a used ATN Or what? Rangefinders nice but not necessary and ballistic calculator is not necessary. All my shots will be under 30 yards.

Thanks

The non-LRF DS35 was on sale through Pard recently.

Make sure you get one that starts at 3x or lower for that short range or the FOV will be to tight! If you don’t mind the weight, the older ATN X sight 4K pro without LRF will work fine and is well under your budget both new and used.

This is a good point & likely why I passed on the DS35 sale I previously mentioned.

I don't recall what the minimum magnification is but I certainly wanted less for shots inside of 15 yards.

One of the Pards has an impressive field of view, which should help for close shots. I do not recall which model it was but I suspect above the budget @drsquall mentioned.

Hello,

Tha
Night Owl Optics NightShot Digital Night Vision Riflescope. https://a.co/d/08hgBjpA

Reactions: drsquall