• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Nitros Piston airguns

A "good NP air rifle" depends significantly on what your budget is, it's intended use, and your willingness to compromise. If you can spell out at least the first two, it would be a lot easier to make suggestions (and answer the third part). So to be clear: how much are you looking to spend (let's say max dollar amount), and what are you intending to use it for (hunting, plinking, back yard target shooting, competitive shooting, etc.)?

I have been shooting a gamo igt gun for a few years.
I only have one air rifle so it gets plenty of play time.
I did take it to bits and clean the sharp edges where the holes were machine punched in metal bits and change the trigger but then just nothing done as I keep shooting it.
Been a great gun for a cheapy, plenty accurate and enough grunt to kill possums which are a pest around here (.22).
I like the idea of the gas ram and after seeing how crude the manufacture was on mine I feel unlike spring guns that may be at the upper end of their development potential gas ram is still up for plenty of refinement.
I see some high end makers are offering it and wonder how they are going?
I like the list of the improvements made on the NP2s but have no idea how they work in practice.
Seems you should go for something a bit more refined like the NP2 unless Gamo etc have made similar improvements?
Getting some high tech plastic in there and removing metal on metal and streamlining them should make a great difference.
I have a silent stalker and I like a light gun so it suits me and would not go back to a spring gun for my knock around type of use.
I tend to leave my gun cocked sometimes and forget it out in the shed or something which can kill a spring gun.
Keep us posted, I think it's well worth doing some good research>