Nomad ll topping off small bottles

It "can", it's just not recommended. I wanted to get some time on mine in the first 30 days so I hooked it to my 74 cu.ft. tank and did two 12-minute fills with a 5 minute rest in between. Took the tank from 3,600 to 3,900psi no problem and the load meter never went above 24.

If I had one of those small tanks I'd probably use it to fill based upon this question and answer:

1549413449_8312485615c5a2c49c4b5e3.87365431_Screenshot_20190205-193621.png

It is a good chunk of change for something that can't even fill a 90ci bottle.

Agree with you 100%

Seems that all sites discussing the unit clearly indicate that it is intended only for filling guns directly. Personally I prefer a tank but the Nomad could be just what many people need. IMO, the cost doesn't seem high for that level of freedom if someone needs it.

Agree with you 100% again. I’m new to this forum and get dinged for agreeing about the price. I too bought a Nomad 2 and Will be using it to fill my Benjamin 90 ci BABY bottle, probably in 750 psi steps to 4500 psi. if it can fill a FX Crowns 480 cc tank than it can fill a small bottle in steps.

Yes, $650.00 to $700.00 is a lot to spend just to fill a gun. Now watch me blow it up because 4500 psi is a unreasonable pressure to attempt to attain, that’s why they want you to fill your gun only, and probably would like it if everyone only filled to 3000 psi. Every one needs air and hand pumping stinks.

What, Don’t I get another negative for intending to use something that’s “ not intended for that use” ? 

Is there Thought Police on this forum. That negative was pure cowardice.

They gave you a negative also? Sounds like a this person is not enough of an adult to be able to handle someone saying something they don't agree with. Whoever it was does not have the guts to own up to it so they have to live with their cowardness. 

Reactions: sonny
Yup, gave me a negative for agreeing with you about price and capabilities. Maybe someone that has a Personal stake in Air Venturi? Cowardice either way. You should not get a negative for an agreement. In his opinion the price is reasonable, Must be wealthy . Half the price of a new ,high quality air rifle isn’t cheap. Money isn’t everything, that’s why I bought one, tired of going to the scuba shop 80 miles away to fill my little bitty baby 90 cu in bottle or busting ass with a hand pump. Even if it takes several cycles it WILL fill my baby bottle to at least 3000 psi. I will not TRY to ruin it but I have expectations. I see people that fill beyond 3000 psi may be shortening the life of the unit , filling their FXs to max pressure. I hope it can bring a baby bottle to 4500 psi in steps with cool down between those steps. Just don’t start unit with pressure on it, a no brainer. Filling guns is great, I just want my baby 90 cu in bottle filled too.

Update:

The Nomad ll has NO problem filling small 88-90 ci tanks as long as you fill in steps and let unit cool between steps.

Increase maintenance schedule to compensate for pony bottle fills.

The unit has a draw of no more than 22 on the read out at end fill pressure of 4500 psi.

VDWB, how has your Nomad II held up since you made this post? I'm tossing around the idea of either getting the Nomad II or spending $100 more and getting the Omega Trail Charger. I'll be filling up an FX Impact and a 90 ci tank.

Thanks,

Emler

Emler,

The Nomad 2 experience didn't end well. I filled a pony tank from 3000 to 4500 just as a test and only did it once since a pony bottle really doesn't last long for my air hogs. I was using the Nomad 2 for direct fills to 3600 and 4500 psi of my regulated bottle guns and killed it twice under warranty before I returned it for a refund. It is NOT a reliable unit and I would NOT recommend it, it is a timebomb. I don't have any experience with the Trail Charger and being so new the reviews are limited. I have a cheap $270.00 Alibaba spark clone that I have been pushing to 4500 psi with good results so far but I'm not holding my breath. Several members are using Altaros boosters or Shoebox compressors with good results. Goo luck.

Dennis