• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Not a Truthful Salesman to be Found

The devolution of Mankind is by design; and now happening at an exponentially accelerating rate.

On one hand I've been blessed to have witnessed Humanity at it's best (in the 1950s till the mid-sixties). On the other hand I'm cursed to be witnessing the moral decay responsible for the downfall of Mankind happening before our very eyes as you read this. You no longer even hear words like honesty, integrity, morals, ethics, respect... or self-respect.

Makes the saying "May you live in interesting times" seem like something between a supreme understatement...

And a bad joke!

🤬
1. Things are always going downhill;
2. The people complaining about things going downhill have absolutely nothing to do with it happening....

So if someone does a few upgrades on their gun and then turn around and sell it asking 25-50% more over retail, is that okay? If the work was subbed out sure I guess it could be added, but these are toys and a hobby for most people tinkering on their guns. I look at it as I'm not paying you extra from your playtime.

If it's to make money like Troy Hammer does with buying factory new and doing the upgrades that's marketable.

As for a used item, I don't see how you can justify your time on it. I've sold plenty of rifles I've made custom and tuned. None of them ever sold when I tried to factor in my time. It just doesn't happen.

To add to this: the employee who would be installing the tune kit is already paid a salary. If the company charges xxx for the service, are they giving that money to their employee for it? Nah, theyll just pocket it. Especially since that employee probably isn't being pulled off any major duty anyways... its an airgun store.

What about speed shops ? Guys who love racing and now build performance oriented cars because it's what they love ? Should they only charge for parts since they're doing what they love?... Same thing, different hobby.

Unfortunately this train of thought shows why so many places are finding it hard to find good employees...

What about speed shops ? Guys who love racing and now build performance oriented cars because it's what they love ? Should they only charge for parts since they're doing what they love?... Same thing, different hobby.

Unfortunately this train of thought shows why so many places are finding it hard to find good employees...
Wouldn't it be the opposite? Places can't fins employees because the new hires expect to be paid 40/hr to flip burgers.

As a mechanic and now an electrician, and I'm an independent contractor, time is money so I get it. However, a brick and mortat store already charges more to meet their overhead. They jack the prices up on every item, and then want to charge you $90 bucks in this case to install a spring and Lube some parts. Having an hourly employee do the job when, in this case, he'd probably be playing on his phone in the back while he's supposed to be stocking pellets.

I worked in management for a few years towards the beginning of all this "quietly quitting" stuff and I see both sides of it. If the company is going to charge ME for a service and pocket the money while the employee does the job without extra compensation, then I feel it's wrong. That was my point. Don't pile work on people and expect a quality job or them to even do it when they get zero extra for the added work. Probably how the gun got scratched in the process, because the employee didn't care. Now the company has to eat the costs anyhow.

Places can't fins employees because the new hires expect to be paid 40/hr to flip burgers.

Don't pile work on people and expect a quality job or them to even do it when they get zero extra for the added work.
They want 40/hr to flip burgers because of the very thing you are sticking up for, why should the owner get the money when the employee does the work. You are arguing for me.

Start at the bottom and work your way up, as a contractor you should know you have laborers (even if they are skilled) and then you have the "artisans" the artisans didnt become the artisans by only digging a hole or carrying a board.

Reactions: FarmPlinker
They want 40/hr to flip burgers because of the very thing you are sticking up for, why should the owner get the money when the employee does the work. You are arguing for me.

Start at the bottom and work your way up, as a contractor you should know you have laborers (even if they are skilled) and then you have the "artisans" the artisans didnt become the artisans by only digging a hole or carrying a board.
No, I'm an IC because I got tired of business owners dictating what I make for a living. I decide what I make because I built my skill set grinding my time and body away for low paying jobs because what the market dictated at the time. Now, it's come full circle and people want a living wage.

I worked for a company at one point that was making millions a year in profit and refused to put money back into the company, equipment, and its people. The owners were greedy and overcharged. Guess what happened? Everyone ended up quitting and the company went under after 38 years.

Now, it's come full circle and people want a living wage.

I worked for a company at one point
that was making millions a year in profit and refused to put money back into the company, equipment, and its people. The owners were greedy and overcharged. Guess what happened? Everyone ended up quitting and the company went under after 38 years.
Minimum wage job doesn't mean you get to enjoy airguns or iphone 253s , its not coming full circle, its getting out of hand. People who have put years of time into a trade only to have nitwits get paid marginally less than them, not right. SO I am going to agree to disagree with you.

You worked for A poor choice of company to work for, thats unfortunate, they are not all like that. I for one work for a company that is the complete opposite and the owner is far richer than anyone else underneath him.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Freedom has a price tag. Always has. Freedom also allows anyone to walk away from a job, a boat, even a airgun, if they don’t like the terms. Do we really want the system (government) to fix this? Protecting our Freedom is what we should do. They want to take our freedom under the guise of “fair”. Want fair? Everyone gets the same thing. NOTHING!

Last edited:
Price shopping, I do that when the service is equal. If the service is something that is outstanding and is above all expectations, I will pay extra and sometimes bring them goodies around the Holidays. They know my name and I know theirs, their service means something to me and my hard earned dollars me something to them. And I usually deal with the owners, cause it is ultimately their backside on the line.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_