Not gunna happen(he said as he fell into the rabbit hole)

Pcp plunge.....nope.
Would be fun don't get me wrong. Just out of my price range really. First I would need a slinger then an air source and a closer shooting place....the only leg up I have is that i already have pellets🤦‍♂️😅 I have a decent setup selection wise🤷‍♂️nothing top notch but it's all mine and paid for, plus i enjoy what i already have...why get greedy now?🤙🥰 maybe in the future; just can't see if happening anytime soon.
If anything I would buy duplicates of what I own so that I could tinker into the old ones🤷‍♂️

Pcp plunge.....nope.
Would be fun don't get me wrong. Just out of my price range really. First I would need a slinger then an air source and a closer shooting place....the only leg up I have is that i already have pellets🤦‍♂️😅 I have a decent setup selection wise🤷‍♂️nothing top notch but it's all mine and paid for, plus i enjoy what i already have...why get greedy now?🤙🥰 maybe in the future; just can't see if happening anytime soon.
If anything I would buy duplicates of what I own so that I could tinker into the old ones🤷‍♂️
Sure sign that the PCP bug has bitten you. There are some inexpensive PCPs you can hand pump. Like new Notos or Hatsan Jets, the Prod and 1701p they can all be “charged” from a pump.

Start with a Crosman 1377BR American Classic, then little by little customize it. That's how I ended up here. Took about two years.

1377.jpg

Pcp plunge.....nope.
I didn't think that I would try pcp either at one point. It was just the natural progression to an activity that I already enjoyed. It is expensive especially if you go for top tier but it really is worth having just one if nothing else. They are ALL fun!

FFCD32B1-13D5-4642-AB85-4E16AC3B1355.jpeg

Last edited:
I didn't think that I would try pcp either at one point. It was just the natural progression to an activity that I already enjoyed. It is expensive especially if you go for top tier but it really is worth having just one if nothing else. They are ALL fun!

View attachment 326370
Oh I'll end up with some cheapo(definitely not top tier)at some point down the road. I just reckon its wayyy down the road

Oh I'll end up with some cheapo(definitely not top tier)at some point down the road. I just reckon its wayyy down the road
So, I'd say that none of us ever did think we'd be going down this pcp road either. Think long and hard about the very first pcp purchase; you know, "buy once cry once", tank or not, air source, etc. You can have an accurate, powerful pcp, that is fairly inexpensive to supply with air and pellets. You decide on the budget and work around that. There's no need to break the bank with an expensive gun, tank, and air fill source. You can hunt and or shoot paper all day with a decent used pcp like the Marauder, a hand pump, and a few tins of pellets in the caliber of your choosing. It is a hobby. Don't become an addict.

Pcp plunge.....nope.
Oh boy, we have all had that internal conversation...right before we pulled the trigger on our first PCP purchase! You have most definitely been bitten with the PCP bug, its just that the bugs venum has not fully ravaged your mind and body yet! :ROFLMAO:

The first signs and symptons are your inability to control how many times you look at the classified ads! There is no cure! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Oh boy, we have all had that internal conversation...right before we pulled the trigger on our first PCP purchase! You have most definitely been bitten with the PCP bug, its just that the bugs venum has not fully ravaged your mind and body yet! :ROFLMAO:

The first signs and symptons are your inability to control how many times you look at the classified ads! There is no cure! :ROFLMAO:
I've only looked in classifieds a couple of times🤣 So many things in there; I got out fast

So, I'd say that none of us ever did think we'd be going down this pcp road either. Think long and hard about the very first pcp purchase; you know, "buy once cry once", tank or not, air source, etc. You can have an accurate, powerful pcp, that is fairly inexpensive to supply with air and pellets. You decide on the budget and work around that. There's no need to break the bank with an expensive gun, tank, and air fill source. You can hunt and or shoot paper all day with a decent used pcp like the Marauder, a hand pump, and a few tins of pellets in the caliber of your choosing. It is a hobby. Don't become an addict.
Even a maurauder is out of my price range😵‍💫 I would be more along the lines of a bandit or similar

I predict the next thread by TOASTY will - Damn it I gave in and bought one. :D

I love my springers and SSP, but there's just no way I'm going pump 10 times to take one shot. Once you get a PCP you'll never look back.

$400 will get you a Bandit pistol and a 12v compressor.
My 1st problem is I WANT one but I don't NEED one😅 my 2nd is money and my 3rd is space. Very limited all around😔

I'm with the OP on this one. I remember when Tim showed me the original USFT field target rifle that he'd made up. I asked what it cost... When he told me I laughed. Not gonna happen!

It does surprise me some at just how market-driven a lot of what goes on here is. I guess it's to be expected in this day and age. I've just never had the Jones gene. When working the range I used to be amazed at just how far down the rabbit hole people would go. $1000 worth of accessories on a $100 Ruger 1022? Okay...

Should a cheap Beeman Chief pop up, I might bite, then convert it to Co2 for the summer months. Possibly add a LW barrel for better accuracy. But that's about as high-budget as I can see going.

Ride on,

J~

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I'm with the OP on this one. I remember when Tim showed me the original USFT field target rifle that he'd made up. I asked what it cost... When he told me I laughed. Not gonna happen!

It does surprise me some at just how market-driven a lot of what goes on here is. I guess it's to be expected in this day and age. I've just never had the Jones gene. When working the range I used to be amazed at just how far down the rabbit hole people would go. $1000 worth of accessories on a $100 Ruger 1022? Okay...

Should a cheap Beeman Chief pop up, I might bite, then convert it to Co2 for the summer months. Possibly add a LW barrel for better accuracy. But that's about as high-budget as I can see going.

Ride on,

J~
I grew up with pumpers; so I bought the ones I used to have plus the 2289. Then I shot a break barrel😳🥰 have 3 or 4 now and I use those most. No air needed🤷‍♂️ could literally shoot all day if given the chance🤣

@iAMzehTOASTY1 Is there anyone close to you that has PCP? That’s where I lucked out. I got few guys around me that have them. Got to handle different ones. One time I bought a Hatsan flash pup with everything I needed to shoot. 300$ Was it the best gun I’ve owned? No. But it shot well and I was happy with it. I’m not a Joneser either. I buy what I can afford. Honestly I like nicer toys. But I drive old vehicles that I pay cash for. Long as they run and get me to work. All I care. But hunting, shooting with family and friends ( or by myself) I enjoy. If you like to try the rabbit hole. Buy ya a pump and pistol. Low power, quiet, and shoot in my house. If not, main thing is enjoy shooting what ya have. If you like and enjoy it. All that matters.