Not gunna happen(he said as he fell into the rabbit hole)

@iAMzehTOASTY1 Is there anyone close to you that has PCP? That’s where I lucked out. I got few guys around me that have them. Got to handle different ones. One time I bought a Hatsan flash pup with everything I needed to shoot. 300$ Was it the best gun I’ve owned? No. But it shot well and I was happy with it. I’m not a Joneser either. I buy what I can afford. Honestly I like nicer toys. But I drive old vehicles that I pay cash for. Long as they run and get me to work. All I care. But hunting, shooting with family and friends ( or by myself) I enjoy. If you like to try the rabbit hole. Buy ya a pump and pistol. Low power, quiet, and shoot in my house. If not, main thing is enjoy shooting what ya have. If you like and enjoy it. All that matters.
That's another problem; nobody around here that I know even slings pellets, let alone has a pcp slinger setup🤣I'm pretty content with my collection so far. I would most likely end up on the low end with a pistol and a hand pump. And for some reason that does NOT entice me bc I have multipumps already🤷‍♂️🤣I'm betting that my next purchase will be a duplicate of somthing that I already own; so I can have spare parts/actually tear apart the old ones while having a back up🤷‍♂️

Reactions: drpietrzak
It's easier now than ever before to get into PCP. In fact, I sold two PCP guns at $100 each at the last airgun show in Hickory. I've seen some go for around $200 shipped and then get yourself a $50 pump and you're good to go. Back when I started, options were way more limited and there wasnt the influx of cheap (but just as good) pumps, so you were in at least $150 alone in the pump.
Keep telling yourself it aint gonna happen..haha

It's easier now than ever before to get into PCP. In fact, I sold two PCP guns at $100 each at the last airgun show in Hickory. I've seen some go for around $200 shipped and then get yourself a $50 pump and you're good to go. Back when I started, options were way more limited and there wasnt the influx of cheap (but just as good) pumps, so you were in at least $150 alone in the pump.
Keep telling yourself it aint gonna happen..haha
I do keep telling myself: not gunna happen....for a WHILE, Unless I find a deal like that😵‍💫*plus have the dough for it at the same time
**honestly I have other bills and repairs needed that would be better money spent at this point in time. 😔
I got a little piggy bank started for my next venture 😮‍💨

Reactions: 450BM
My first adult airgun was a breakbarrel. My second, an underlever gas ram.

At that point, I was really enjoying airguns.

Then I got a PCP, and quickly realized my earlier airguns could not have prepared me for the joys suddenly in front of me.
I'm thinking that is what's missing for me. Never held/shot a pcp🤷‍♂️ closest for me was probably my friends spud launcher🤣🤪🤙

Reactions: 450BM
Repeat to yourself 1,000 times, “I cannot afford a good pcp.”

It doesn’t work.
Oh look! An AA 500 for $500! Add in a hand pump and go!

539ECB2F-4764-435E-9902-25400CE5F0FB.jpeg

I grew up with pumpers; so I bought the ones I used to have plus the 2289. Then I shot a break barrel😳🥰 have 3 or 4 now and I use those most. No air needed🤷‍♂️ could literally shoot all day if given the chance🤣
All costs aside - this is where it matters. If you are happy with what you have and enjoy shooting then nothing else really makes a difference. There is no one forcing anyone's arm here. Just helping to enabling your journey to the Dark Side ;)

One of my first guns was a Benjamin Discovery with a hand pump. Pumping it I felt like I was one of the oarsmen on a Spanish gallon back in the 1400’s. Filled it twice, didn’t learn the first fill. Super gun and super lite. Never again. It sits on the wall as a reminder.
About a month ago, probably more, I was in AGS, I‘m a regular there. The owner offered for me to take an Air Arms (something not familiar with PCP models ) full of air to demo. I can shoot 100-200 yds. but I have to get off my porch where I have 2 tables and a range up to 50 yds. I declined on the offer with a no thanks. Have enough springers for 10 life times and really consumed. No interest in PCP’s. They absolutely blow me away with the long distance accuracy and the FPE they produce. Crow

I'm thinking that is what's missing for me. Never held/shot a pcp🤷‍♂️ closest for me was probably my friends spud launcher🤣🤪🤙
Make sure you don’t shoot one then, especially a high end one. They are highly addictive.

If I didn’t have kids that will get my PB collection someday I would be selling some off to get another high end air rifle (FX Impact but in 22 caliber) and a large air tank.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I do keep telling myself: not gunna happen....for a WHILE, Unless I find a deal like that😵‍💫*plus have the dough for it at the same time
**honestly I have other bills and repairs needed that would be better money spent at this point in time. 😔
I got a little piggy bank started for my next venture 😮‍💨
Yeah, you don’t want to spend money that is needed more elsewhere, that will take the fun out of a hobby in a hurry.