Not gunna happen(he said as he fell into the rabbit hole)

Push? Is that like buying a compressor and giving it to someone you never met?
;)
Someone IS sending me a hand pumpšŸ˜µā€šŸ’«and someone messaged me with a deal I couldn't refuse šŸ¤£I plan on giving back as much as possible by posting my ventures with said gear as to help add to this epic place of knowledge šŸŽ©šŸ¤™

I didn't think that I would try pcp either at one point. It was just the natural progression to an activity that I already enjoyed. It is expensive especially if you go for top tier but it really is worth having just one if nothing else. They are ALL fun!

View attachment 326370
I can't afford another rabbit hole. Between springers and vintage, pretty much tapped out.

Yeah, better not try a PCP then because everything changes at that point.
Same can be said for the vintage airgun thing.

I owned one. Used it for awhile. But didn't use it as often as my others. Just Sat there collecting dust. Sold it. Pumping with a hand pump wasn't for me. And wasn't going to buy a compressor. So nothing going to change fir me. Been there done that.

Last edited:
Yeah, better not try a PCP then because everything changes at that point.
I own a couple PCP's and yes, a world of difference, but the world didn't come to a screeching halt, I didn't sell off all my springers to go only PCP and I still own more springers than PCP's....lol.

Case in point.... $150 shipped for an Avenger right now on classifieds... 50 bucks for a pump. $200 all in. Saw in comments that you have something coming, be looking forward to your thoughts. I think all of us who has been around a bit always get excited to hear the excitement of someone new to PCP when they start out and finally cave

Case in point.... $150 shipped for an Avenger right now on classifieds... 50 bucks for a pump. $200 all in. Saw in comments that you have something coming, be looking forward to your thoughts. I think all of us who has been around a bit always get excited to hear the excitement of someone new to PCP when they start out and finally cave
Oh man; let me get one broken in first šŸ¤£šŸ¤ŖšŸ¤™Supposed to be here tomorrowšŸ„“

Reactions: 450BM and fatmatic
So, I'd say that none of us ever did think we'd be going down this pcp road either. Think long and hard about the very first pcp purchase; you know, "buy once cry once", tank or not, air source, etc. You can have an accurate, powerful pcp, that is fairly inexpensive to supply with air and pellets. You decide on the budget and work around that. There's no need to break the bank with an expensive gun, tank, and air fill source. You can hunt and or shoot paper all day with a decent used pcp like the Marauder, a hand pump, and a few tins of pellets in the caliber of your choosing. It is a hobby. Don't become an addict.
Very good tips!!! I'm just starting down this road. Thank you

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Agreed, you donā€™t need to go nuts, money wise to enjoy some PCP goodnessā€¦ Youā€™ll be surprised at what can be done by keeping it simpleā€¦
Leon, do you mind to explain your recommendations on simple 22 cal squirrel rig. Already have a air source. Asking because it seems you have experience about this and anyone else can chime in, thank you

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Leon, do you mind to explain your recommendations on simple 22 cal squirrel rig. Already have a air source. Asking because it seems you have experience about this and anyone else can chime in, thank you
It would be dependent on the max distances you might attempt your shots on squirrels. Out to 30 or 40 yards? A Prod or pp700sa come to mind. Out to 60-70 yards? A Gamo Urban, my first, or Crosman Marauder. There are other PCPs that are similar in price and performance. Good luck!

PS: There is a gentleman who post here, who is killing raccoons with his Daisy 880!