Not happy. Dive shop refused to fill my tank today.

I bought a used Bauer compressor, and the biggest PIA part of PCP is solved. No trips, no worries.
A good case of 22 LR is 700 bucks, so I look at pellets plus HPA as a equivalent cost. Really shooting "3 cases" of ammo, pellets get pretty inexpensive. And I guess the compressor still has value. So in the long run a good compressor is a good value if you shoot a lot.

Reactions: rcs9250
Just for conversations sake, this should be wrong — tanks are male cga347 so their fill whip is a female cga347.
This adapter is female cga347. Still no male threads to attach to.
You are right. My bad. I deleted the bad post. Here is what is needed. Thanks for catching that.

BCEC7BBB-9DFD-4377-8F9C-3726BA57188C.png

Last edited:
I have to say it even if it upsets people. Please do not go to a fire station to get a tank filled unless you’ve had a private discussion with someone you know there beforehand. This is horrible PR for our sport. Also they’re not idiots, don’t tell them it’s for diving when it’s not.

Yes getting air is a b*tch, that’s part of using PCPs. Bothering first responders is not.

I think we need to start a thread where people with fancy compressors who want to recoup some cost can post their geographic location and sell fills. Like AirBnb or Uber for HPA lol

Think we need to start a thread where people with fancy compressors who want to recoup some cost can post their geographic location and sell fills. Like AirBnb or Uber for HPA lol
Like that idea, though not sure it'll fly if folks are charging (then becomes advertising).
I put it in my signature (free, not charging) but don't think most pay any attention to those. Did get one taker & filled his tank a while back.
I get the recouping part, but don't feel comfortable charging (no offense to those who would, we're cool). Just like the idea of keeping PCP guys & gals in air, especially if they're new to it. Ok, also just like firing up the Alkin to do it's thing 😀.

We have a couple scuba shops locally that will fill our 74 cu tanks up to 4300psi for the sum of 25.00. We have a couple paint ball shops that wont fill them because they say they are too big. We have many fire stations, that I personally drove to and asked, that said no due to insurance or liability issues. NOW if I was a fireman or knew a fireman, i'm sure they COULD be filled. I know of a retired fireman who gets his 74cu tank filled at a fire station he retired from with no issues at all. Buy a good compressor and it wont be a issue. Its one of the MANY things you don't really think about until you get into PCP shooting....

Like that idea, though not sure it'll fly if folks are charging (then becomes advertising).
I put it in my signature (free, not charging) but don't think most pay any attention to those. Did get one taker & filled his tank a while back.
I get the recouping part, but don't feel comfortable charging (no offense to those who would, we're cool). Just like the idea of keeping PCP guys & gals in air, especially if they're new to it. Ok, also just like firing up the Alkin to do it's thing 😀.
I like that idea also.. I wouldn't know what to charge anyway.. I figure I recoup every time I fill my tank...save gas in the truck and whatever the cost at a dive shop..
Although if a case of beer was donated once in a while 🙂...

I do not see anything wrong in paying a small fee to the fire station, to fill the tank. I used to pay aprox 5 dollars, to fill my tank, before I got my self a compressor. I live in a small place, so they are probably not run down, by people wanting to fill. It did cost me more in gasoline to drive to the station, than to fill my tank. Guess the workers put it in a safe, so they could have some cake, once in a while:)

I do not see anything wrong in paying a small fee to the fire station, to fill the tank. I used to pay aprox 5 dollars, to fill my tank, before I got my self a compressor. I live in a small place, so they are probably not run down, by people wanting to fill. It did cost me more in gasoline to drive to the station, than to fill my tank. Guess the workers put it in a safe, so they could have some cake, once in a while:)
The last I spoke with a fellow air gunner I know that lives a couple of hours away told me his local fire department told him they would fill his tank... If he became a volunteer firefighter... So he did... And loves helping out.

Doc,

I suggest a nicely worded Google Maps review is in order for this wonderful vendor. Make sure everyone knows the caliber of this vendor and how they did not meet your needs. Google Map reviews are very important to vendors. Most people consult them first looking for a vendor.
oh that is a good idea , kind of burning your bridges before You buy the fitting and go back to get air .

Air Supply. And you thought it was just the name of a really crappy music group. Yea showing my age. If you are under 45, google it and moan.
Air supply is the dark side of shooting PCP’s. I wandered into the arena with nary a thought given to air supply only to discover after considerable time researching, there ain’t no easy answer.
I wonder if other shops do a better job of advising up front about feeding your beasts. I know the one I bought my first from never mentioned it. Maybe it was my enthusiasm and rush to get a gun going or some other innocent reason.
It should be the first thing hashed out the second the word PCP is uttered by a potential customer.
New member here. I just recently found out how far air rifles have come and have decided to go PCP but havent purchased yet.

Seems like you had the same stars in your eyes, do have any regrets getting into PCP's besided filling them?

I hated air supply until my girlfriend played it. Then I "loved" air supply.. For at least a few hours.

I learned to hate them. When I first heard it, I disliked it. BUT, the wife loved it and you know how that goes. Even had to attend a live show (I refuse to call it a concert). The hate grew deep at that point. Very deep.