Umarex notos accuracy issues

Ehvan

Jul 2, 2024
so to preface again this is my first pcp, zeroed it in at 25 yds and it was pretty dead on, so i figured id try 50 yds as ive seen a bunch of youtube videos etc of it doing well even at 50. the issue arises here, i have it in a lead sled and even having it held on bullseye its ALL over and by all over i mean almost 8 inches in some shots. im currently running the regular 22 cal crossman premiers(the domed ones) and have tried the crossman premier hollow points and its doing the same thing with both. was i wrong to assume this would be a decent mid range gun?

Get some better pellets, H/N, JSB, JTS or FX... Most times Crosmans arent long range pellets, some guns will shoot good at distance but most dont. My Notos shoots the 18.1 gr JSB great at 50-60 yds.
alright ill have to grab some of those then, was half thinking it might be something with the parallax on the scope but i threw it on my 17 hmr real quick and it was dead on after 2 shots. hopefully its just the pellets lol

Pellets need velocity and/or weigh to stay accurate at distance. Cphp will stack at 30 yards out of say a 24 fpe rifle, but open up at 50 Ike what you're seeing. Now toss them in a 30 fpe gun and they'll tighten up further out.

My G3 DAR was spitting them at 970 fps and they would out shoot the jsb 18s. Only pellet better was 21 cudas.

• Wow
Reactions: mandn and SpindleB
is there much of a difference between the jsb 18 and the fx 18? i notice the price of the fx ones are less than half of the jsb
In my experience they're interchangeable. JSB makes BOTH pellets with dedicated dies for the FX. I actually prefer the FX in all 3 of my guns/calibers

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I only shoot my notos out to 30 yards, but I can tell you the groups with Air Arms 16gr and FX 15.9 gr are a lot better than anything else. My PP700SA, also a snowpeak barrel, also prefers those pellets. Probably over 12000 through my PP700
yeah im fine with like a little more than a half dollar or so groups at 40-50 yds but you should see the target from today lol, coulda shot a better group blindfolded backwards with a slingshot

CLEAN THE BARREL!
Brand new gun barrels, usually benifit from a simple cleaning process!
Then shoot about 20 pellets through it, to "season" the barrel, and you should be good to go!
i did clean it when i got it, basically followed the instruction manual ha. since the cleaning ive shot probably around 500 through it. it was almost through the same hole at 25 yds, but moving out to 50 it became wild. no grouping what so ever

Reactions: Airgun Al
i did clean it when i got it, basically followed the instruction manual ha. since the cleaning ive shot probably around 500 through it. it was almost through the same hole at 25 yds, but moving out to 50 it became wild. no grouping what so ever
I try to clean my Notos every 300 pellets. 500 max. I recommend cleaning then shooting some better quality pellets.