Umarex notos accuracy issues

So what kind of accuracy out of your Notos is your expectation at 50 yards? What’s the current consensus in actuality from the many users at 50 yards?
i would think about a half dollar, but it wasnt even grouping was the issue, it was all over. im ordering a couple tins of pellets everyone recommended see how that goes.

Reactions: L.Leon
I've had hundreds of Notos pass through my shop and ive seen the Gen l guns had tighter barrels, they were also accurate but the bores lacked polish and often needed hand lapping to tighten them up.

The Gen ll guns lost the second drilled/tapped hole on top of the receiver but the barrels were a little better made and didn't foul as quickly.

The Gen lll (we are here now) Notos have very deep, tapered crowns, some 1/2" (12mm) or more. These barrels are even looser but pretty smooth.

The CPHP's you are shooting like more speed at distance, the 750fps they leave the barrel at is good for 30ish yards, they drop below 500fps by 50 yards and fall out of stable flight, giving you large groups.

The JTS, JSB, AEA 18.1gr pellets like the slower speed of the stock Notos but you are still at the very edge of its ability to pest past 30 yards when stock.

This does not mean you are out of luck! Simple modifications to the receiver and swapping out the air cylinder for a larger carbon fiber bottle will dramatically increase your shot count and pellet speed.

With the right barrel, porting and drip block, even 100 yards at just over 1 MOA is possible with the venerable CPHP!

20240523_173601.jpg

I've had hundreds of Notos pass through my shop and ive seen the Gen l guns had tighter barrels, they were also accurate but the bores lacked polish and often needed hand lapping to tighten them up.

The Gen ll guns lost the second drilled/tapped hole on top of the receiver but the barrels were a little better made and didn't foul as quickly.

The Gen lll (we are here now) Notos have very deep, tapered crowns, some 1/2" (12mm) or more. These barrels are even looser but pretty smooth.

The CPHP's you are shooting like more speed at distance, the 750fps they leave the barrel at is good for 30ish yards, they drop below 500fps by 50 yards and fall out of stable flight, giving you large groups.

The JTS, JSB, AEA 18.1gr pellets like the slower speed of the stock Notos but you are still at the very edge of its ability to pest past 30 yards when stock.

This does not mean you are out of luck! Simple modifications to the receiver and swapping out the air cylinder for a larger carbon fiber bottle will dramatically increase your shot count and pellet speed.

With the right barrel, porting and drip block, even 100 yards at just over 1 MOA is possible with the venerable CPHP!

View attachment 482420
ill eventually probably get into modding it, but ive only had it for a week or so, so not trying to do anytning that voids the warranty...yet ha

View attachment 482420
Great info, thank you!

View attachment 482420
from your first hand experience, which gen had the best performing barrel?

Reactions: Firewalker
like you pull the patch through the straw? or just use the straw to feed the line into the barrel?
You’ll need the straw inside of moderator up against the barrel’s muzzle end. I use a patchworm. I insert line into breach end part way and then put straw through baffle core until it touches very end of barrel.

Pull patch through barrel until it bumps straw and pull line with straw the rest of the way through. If I pull straw away before patch has cleared moderator end, it usually gets hung up inside. Then I have to play the jiggle game.

You could just drive pins out from end cap and pull the core out of housing too! That works good if you don’t like the straw method.

You’ll need the straw inside of moderator up against the barrel’s muzzle end. I use a patchworm. I insert line into breach end part way and then put straw through baffle core until it touches very end of barrel.

Pull patch through barrel until it bumps straw and pull line with straw the rest of the way through. If I pull straw away before patch has cleared moderator end, it usually gets hung up inside. Then I have to play the jiggle game.

You could just drive pins out from end cap and pull the core out of housing too! That works good if you don’t like the straw method.
thanks for the detailed explanation, i actually just ordered the patchworm last night along with 5 different higher end tins of pellets. never cleaned anything with a moderator so i didnt wanna damage the baffles.