Umarex Notos barrel swap

People are also making 50 fpe on Notos. Both Dave and 88turbocoupe.

-Matt
True, I'm just saying that if you're looking for a low power pcp then the Notos is already there.

For the notos to make that power you need to have the know how and the tools to open up ports, which can be an extra expense if you dont.

True, I'm just saying that if you're looking for a low power pcp then the Notos is already there.

Yea the Notos is great as a low power platform, but us with the modding bug sometimes can't help ourselves, which is why I don't own a notos :p

For the notos to make that power you need to have the know how and the tools to open up ports, which can be an extra expense if you dont.

That's what this sweet forum is here for (among other reasons), so we can help spread the news and share our wonderful experiences!

I wouldn't say its too difficult, I am a crude type of tinkerer and get er done with caveman tools.

-Matt

I've got a 15" tj barrel on the way for mine. Was thinking about making a small run of TJ barrel kits... but the price would be ~250 and I don't know if they'd sell.
1726711619538.gif

I think it's cool seeing people's builds on the Notos, but I could never imagine modding mine into something it ain't. It's such a great light weight gun as is and good power level for close range shooting. I guess if I'd want a more powerful, heavier, higher shot count, and longer gun I'd invest in a gun like that already. But hey to each there own. I modded Mrods so I've been down the road, but never changed the form factor or anything just internals and barrels. But yeah I think as is the Notos is great for it's purpose.

I've got a 15" tj barrel on the way for mine. Was thinking about making a small run of TJ barrel kits... but the price would be ~250 and I don't know if they'd sell.
If you make them to where they fit with no extra parts or fiddling around. I think they would be worth it.

The 500mm Fx barrel kit is $160 on top of the ectra $110 for the barrel liner not including counting shipping.

So it's already pretty close to $300

I tried that once with a gauntlet.I nearly ruined the barrel 😅

Lol, well, hopefully you learned something from that experience, and aren't deterred from future port jobs. I have nearly ruined a lot of things in my tinkering days, but...that is part of the process unless you're being directly mentored. Luckily I only ruined easily replaceable valves in my time. I think I went through 3 (3rd was the charm), but, knowing what I know now, I will very unlikely ever ruin another in the future.

-Matt

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Lol, well, hopefully you learned something from that experience, and aren't deterred from future port jobs. I have nearly ruined a lot of things in my tinkering days, but...that is part of the process unless you're being directly mentored. Luckily I only ruined easily replaceable valves in my time. I think I went through 3 (3rd was the charm), but, knowing what I know now, I will very unlikely ever ruin another in the future.

-Matt
Nahh no deterence, unless I am lacking the tools. I'm the one that usually repairs my friends airguns. I would love to get a lathe, amd a drill press but I have no space for it living in an apartment 3 stories up lol.

It may fit my buddy's garage if he finally finished up one of his six projects lol.

It's really only $750 to make the zelos an 80fpe power house? Cause it shoot slugs or just pellets?

Why not? Porting, springs, good tune, your golden.

Notos?

If you do all the work yourself?

YES you can!

Slugs too? If an FX can shoot slugs, so can the Notos! After all, it's got an FX liner!

Why not? Porting, springs, good tune, your golden.

Notos?

If you do all the work yourself?

YES you can!

Slugs too? If an FX can shoot slugs, so can the Notos! After all, it's got an FX liner!
I was referring to the Zelos, but you're right. It is changing the barrel to an FX barrel as well.

Reactions: Firewalker