Umarex Notos barrel swap

Has anybody tried to change the barrel on the Umarex Notos to a longer barrel? if so, where did you get the barrel from?
Thank you.
ask firewalker.. he's doing a lot of notos mods.. I've seen pictures of some of his work.
Mark

Although there are barrel kits on ebay, you will need to buy an fx liner separately.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just get a Zelos?

After a barrel kit and liner, you're at 250-300$ extra spend. Then you'll want to bottle it or extend the reservoir, another 150$, so $450 in mods + the base price of the umarex at $270 you're looking at a $720 modded gun, and the zelos is $599. That's if you do the mods yourself too, add in labor for anyone else to do it and you're over a grand on the Notos...not knocking anyone who goes this route, just bringing the cost to light.

-Matt

Wouldn't it make more sense to just get a Zelos?

After a barrel kit and liner, you're at 250-300$ extra spend. Then you'll want to bottle it or extend the reservoir, another 150$, so $450 in mods + the base price of the umarex at $270 you're looking at a $720 modded gun, and the zelos is $599. That's if you do the mods yourself too, add in labor for anyone else to do it and you're over a grand on the Notos...not knocking anyone who goes this route, just bringing the cost to light.

-Matt
You have a point, if you're looking for a bigger, heavier, and more powerful version, I would recommend the zelos.

If you want a cheap pcp that's accurate, that'll allow you to tinker, keep the power low, and mod with the ability to give you 100shots while keeping it light, I would recommend the notos.

I haven't seen many good zelos posts, so I can't recommend it right off the bat, but I wouod recommend getting the original the Artemis m60 or m60B (bottle version). They come in .177- .35 caliber.

You have a point, if you're looking for a bigger, heavier, and more powerful version, I would recommend the zelos.

If you want a cheap pcp that's accurate, that'll allow you to tinker, keep the power low, and mod with the ability to give you 100shots while keeping it light, I would recommend the notos.

I haven't seen many good zelos posts, so I can't recommend it right off the bat, but I wouod recommend getting the original the Artemis m60 or m60B (bottle version). They come in .177- .35 caliber.

Happen to know what the weight on a notos is after you add in the 500mm barrel kit and a bottle? Curious if its much lighter than a Zelos with its 660mm barrel.

-Matt

Reactions: markhooper
Has anybody tried to change the barrel on the Umarex Notos to a longer barrel? if so, where did you get the barrel from?
Thank you.

Absolutely! C88machining on ebay sells the FX Barrel kit (you have to buy the rifled liner separately) and you can do the install yourself!

20240911_201053.jpg

Reactions: mandn and RAMJET66
Happen to know what the weight on a notos is after you add in the 500mm barrel kit and a bottle? Curious if its much lighter than a Zelos with its 660mm barrel.

-Matt
I'm not sure what it is with the 500mm fx barrel kit, but mine with a 360cc bottle that nets me about 130 shots from a 4000psi fill with a vortex diamondback tactical scope, tall heavy rings and a mod insert to quiet it down about 8-8.2lbs. But the weight is towards the back so it's not front heavy either.

20240910_203751.jpg

Just for comparison sake, a fully kitted out Notos is 6lbs.

A fully kitted out Zelos is 11lbs.

Notos by a large margin for portability.

Cost? A fully modded Notos is about $750.00. A fully modded M60/Zelos is about $750.00

FPE? 40 FPE max on the .22 Notos. M60B in .25 is tickling 80 FPE.

M60B for the win in power.

Thank you.
C88 machine on eBay has the barrel kits you can get the fx liner from Utah air or pyramid
you will also need at least one plenum extension when you put a longer barrel on
Zelus 599 and then add the accessories same money only preference imo.

i have the 380mm barrel and wouldn't do anything different.

20240917_224954.jpg

Reactions: mandn and Stubbers
I'm not sure what it is with the 500mm fx barrel kit, but mine with a 360cc bottle that nets me about 130 shots from a 4000psi fill with a vortex diamondback tactical scope, tall heavy rings and a mod insert to quiet it down about 8-8.2lbs. But the weight is towards the back so it's not front heavy
wow mine weighs in at 8.4 with bipod 220cc tank

C88 machine on eBay has the barrel kits you can get the fx liner from Utah air or pyramid
you will also need at least one plenum extension when you put a longer barrel on
Zelus 599 and then add the accessories same money only preference imo.

i have the 380mm barrel and wouldn't do anything different.

View attachment 497242

Now be honest, how much money do you have tied up so far in mods if you don't mind sharing? Just curious. The Notos is the new ultimate frankengun.

-Matt

Reactions: daddypaddy
Now be honest, how much money do you have tied up so far in mods if you don't mind sharing? Just curious. The Notos is the new ultimate frankengun.

-Matt
is say between 12 and 1300
Hawke 4-16x50 sidewinder scope eagle vision scope mounts moderator barrel kit fx 380mm liner fx carbon fiber barrel stiffener gauge block Huben dream Tk Notos regulator 1 c88 plenum extension 2 regulator gauges one on the block huma-air 300 bar and another on the reg
buck n rail complete kit maple peek valve 2 maple mags whatever that cost I'm guessing 12- 1300 never added.
but ya know what i enjoy modding anything with wheels tracks and an engine now i went down the rabbit hole buy enjoy very much so to me its priceless

oh that don't count hrs. of labor lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Stubbers
is say between 12 and 1300
Hawke 4-16x50 sidewinder scope eagle vision scope mounts moderator barrel kit fx 380mm liner fx carbon fiber barrel stiffener gauge block Huben dream Tk Notos regulator 1 c88 plenum extension 2 regulator gauges one on the block huma-air 300 bar and another on the reg
buck n rail complete kit maple peek valve 2 maple mags whatever that cost I'm guessing 12- 1300 never added.
but ya know what i enjoy modding anything with wheels tracks and an engine now i went down the rabbit hole buy enjoy very much so to me its priceless

The journey and destination are all part of the fun with our airguns. I have just as much invested in an old Marauder and much like you, have no second thoughts and would do it all over again. Nothing like taking something in raw form and putting your blood, sweat, and elbow grease into making it custom tailored fit for you. There was a time where every gun was a custom job, way way back, so its in our ancestral dna to often revisit such traditions.

Look forward to your range report in your other thread.

-Matt

The journey and destination are all part of the fun with our airguns. I have just as much invested in an old Marauder and much like you, have no second thoughts and would do it all over again. Nothing like taking something in raw form and putting your blood, sweat, and elbow grease into making it custom tailored fit for you. There was a time where every gun was a custom job, way way back, so its in our ancestral dna to often revisit such traditions.

Look forward to your range report in your other thread.

-Matt
i also just got a Krale pp750 from Krale its due in today
i was told to buy direct due to if it comes through Canada they change the reg and remove the air stripper, so I'm told
this will stay as a pistol i think.

wow mine weighs in at 8.4 with bipod 220cc tank
That's a beefy bipod though. In reality I don't shoot the Notos further than 50yds and if I do that's to not miss a chance at getting a big iguana. But I could put a 2-7 scope or a 3-9 and cut back almost half a pound, and if I do away with the plastic pic rail and go for dovetail rings along with a 2-7 or 3-9 she'd be sitting pretty close to 7lbs even.

Reactions: mandn
That's a beefy bipod though. In reality I don't shoot the Notos further than 50yds and if I do that's to not miss a chance at getting a big iguana. But I could put a 2-7 scope or a 3-9 and cut back almost half a pound, and if I do away with the plastic pic rail and go for dovetail rings along with a 2-7 or 3-9 she'd be sitting pretty close to 7lbs even.
yeah my scope is heavy over 1lb but worth the weight i shoot 50yds as well
This was today at 50

20240918_191639.jpg

Just for comparison sake, a fully kitted out Notos is 6lbs.

A fully kitted out Zelos is 11lbs.

Notos by a large margin for portability.

Cost? A fully modded Notos is about $750.00. A fully modded M60/Zelos is about $750.00

FPE? 40 FPE max on the .22 Notos. M60B in .25 is tickling 80 FPE.

M60B for the win in power.
It's really only $750 to make the zelos an 80fpe power house? Cause it shoot slugs or just pellets?

Reactions: Firewalker