Umarex Notos help!

I have put an adjustable regulator and 22ci bottle on my Notos. I was thinking (not a good thing at times) that l would get around 60 or more good shots. I filled to 250 bar and got 52 shots. I tried filling to 3300psi and got 30 good shots with 13.43 JSBs at 785ish. I would like to fill around 3300psi if possible. I have my hammer spring all the way out and regulator set at 2450psi. I was thinking l might be wasting air with hammer strick. Anyone know the od, length and thickness of the stock hammer spring? Would like to have a couple springs, on hand, before tearing into gun. I am trying to set my Notos up for a hunter field target gun so less than 20 foot pounds and 60+ Shots per fill. Looks like l need a much bigger tank. I have a RAW and TX200 setup for hunter field target so just a fun project. Thanks for any help. Don

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker
I have put an adjustable regulator and 22ci bottle on my Notos. I was thinking (not a good thing at times) that l would get around 60 or more good shots. I filled to 250 bar and got 52 shots. I tried filling to 3300psi and got 30 good shots with 13.43 JSBs at 785ish. I would like to fill around 3300psi if possible. I have my hammer spring all the way out and regulator set at 2450psi. I was thinking l might be wasting air with hammer strick. Anyone know the od, length and thickness of the stock hammer spring? Would like to have a couple springs, on hand, before tearing into gun. I am trying to set my Notos up for a hunter field target gun so less than 20 foot pounds and 60+ Shots per fill. Looks like l need a much bigger tank. I have a RAW and TX200 setup for hunter field target so just a fun project. Thanks for any help. Don
Being your regulator down to about 1900psi or 13.7ish mpa. You will get the shots you're looking for.

Why only fill to 3300psi? If it's a carbon bottle it will take 4500. Even an aluminum bottle will take 3600.

Also, why so high on the reg? My notos runs out of hammer spring at 2200psi. The plenum block on mine is ported out though... which is the single most beneficial thing you can do to a notos IMO
I would like to get more fills from my tanks before needing to fill with my Altarous booster. If l fill to 3600, my fills per tank go down fairly quick. I could fill to 4200-4300 but would have to fill tanks a LOT. Don

• Wow
Dropped my regulator to 1900ish. Gun shot 13.43 JSBs at 750. Took my hammer spring all the way in and no effect. I backed hammer spring back out, 750fps. Turned regulator up to 15mpa (2175 psi). Gun got 30 shots from 3300psi to 2175psi. Great groups, 777fps average, 9fps spread. I will either call it done or get a larger bottle. Gun balances great so not sure how a 42ci bottle will effect the balance. Thanks for everyone's help. Don

Let's take a few steps back...

The shot count you are looking for is at a higher bottle fill pressure, you only have 850 psi to play with. 52 shots is pretty darn good!

You are under ported for that reg pressure, it's just wasted at 2450psi. More spring will not help you.

No its not, he is saying he would get less fills at 3600 than his current 3300...read more carefully...

-Matt

Just re-read it:

"I would like to get more fills from my tanks before needing to fill with my Altarous booster. If l fill to 3600, my fills per tank go down fairly quick. I could fill to 4200-4300 but would have to fill tanks a LOT. Don"

Still being a jerk I see.

• Haha
Reactions: Stubbers
Just re-read it:

"I would like to get more fills from my tanks before needing to fill with my Altarous booster. If l fill to 3600, my fills per tank go down fairly quick. I could fill to 4200-4300 but would have to fill tanks a LOT. Don"

Still being a jerk I see.

Stop with the disparaging name calling

He said above he fills currently to 3300, he said in that post he could fill to 3600 but that would equal less fills. HE COULD FILL TO 4200 but then he would have to fill his tanks A LOT.

Nothing is backwards there, flamerunner.

-Matt

He said above he fills currently to 3300, he said in that post he could fill to 3600 but that would equal less fills. HE COULD FILL TO 4200 but then he would have to fill his tanks A LOT.

-Matt

Not "disparaging name calling", good red herring though.

You go around on all of the threads insulting people all across our forum, my words are just a calling out of a narcissist, stop being a jerk and start being a helpful person.

Not "disparaging name calling", good red herring though.

You go around on all of the threads insulting people all across our forum, my words are just a calling out of a narcissist, stop being a jerk and start being a helpful person.

You're the one jumping down the guys throat claiming his statement is backwards, without any clarification or actual solution/help for him...quite sad, sounds akin to ...being...a..jerk?

How about you clarify for us what was backwards, or cool your jets, flamethrower.

-Matt

• Wow
You're the one jumping down the guys throat claiming his statement is backwards, without any clarification or actual solution/help for him...quite sad, sounds akin to ...being...a..jerk?

How about you clarify for us what was backwards, or cool your jets, flamethrower.

-Matt

Cute...

I would like to get more fills from my tanks before needing to fill with my Altarous booster. If l fill to 3600, my fills per tank go down fairly quick. I could fill to 4200-4300 but would have to fill tanks a LOT. Don

Don,

What you wrote looks flipped as written, why would you have to fill your tanks a lot?

Cute...

Don,

What you wrote looks flipped as written, why would you have to fill your tanks a lot?

If you fill to 4200 psi on a 4500 tank, you have very few fills on said tank before you reach your 4200 psi fill on the gun. Comprende? The only thing backwards is your interpretation of his statement. Move along SmokeSignaler.

-Matt

• Haha

-Matt
think that he’s saying that he would have to fill his tank with A LOT… more air.