Umarex Notos help!

1726456517765.gif

At least you found this post, young Grasshopper.

-Matt

Cute...

Don,

What you wrote looks flipped as written, why would you have to fill your tanks a lot?
Let's see, when the pressure gets to low to fill my gun, l have to hook my tank to the Altarous booster and fill back up. I would like to do this as little as possible. How's that being a jerk? Don

Reactions: Stubbers
Just re-read it:

"I would like to get more fills from my tanks before needing to fill with my Altarous booster. If l fill to 3600, my fills per tank go down fairly quick. I could fill to 4200-4300 but would have to fill tanks a LOT. Don"

Still being a jerk I see.
Dude, are you having a bad day? Farily simple to understand. If l fill my gun to 3300psi, l get more fills from my tanks than filling my gun to 3650psi. Not trying to be a jerk. Don

Let's take a few steps back...

The shot count you are looking for is at a higher bottle fill pressure, you only have 850 psi to play with. 52 shots is pretty darn good!

You are under ported for that reg pressure, it's just wasted at 2450psi. More spring will not help you.
OK, l dropped regulator to 1900psi but can't get fps above 715fps with hammer spring all the way in or out. How is it possible to get the JSBs 13.43s to 775fps - 800fps? Is porting the only way? My gauge is is in mpa and not sure it's accurate. I did 13 mpa (1900) so l'm not sure where to go. Don't want to go down the porting route. Don

Sorry if my explanation confused some. Don

I wasn't confused whatsoever, no apologies needed, you were clear and concise...apologies on behalf of the guys mucking up the thread.

OK, l dropped regulator to 1900psi but can't get fps above 715fps with hammer spring all the way in or out. How is it possible to get the JSBs 13.43s to 775fps - 800fps? Is porting the only way? My gauge is is in mpa and not sure it's accurate. I did 13 mpa (1900) so l'm not sure where to go. Don't want to go down the porting route. Don

It is likely you'll need more hammer spring to create more lift and dwell at higher pressures. You're asking a lot of the notos to get the 13.43's up to 800 fps with stock ports/barrel/plenum and hammer/spring.

Tossing in a lighter valve spring, or a heavier hammer spring, or shimming the current one if there is more meat on the preload than the adjustment allows are two simple approaches that are reversible if you want to approach it from that angle (higher pressure on regulator to achieve more fps). Quite a few ways to skin the cat.

-Matt

I wasn't confused whatsoever, no apologies needed, you were clear and concise...apologies on behalf of the guys mucking up the thread.

It is likely you'll need more hammer spring to create more lift and dwell at higher pressures. You're asking a lot of the notos to get the 13.43's up to 800 fps with stock ports/barrel/plenum and hammer/spring.

Tossing in a lighter valve spring, or a heavier hammer spring, or shimming the current one if there is more meat on the preload than the adjustment allows are two simple approaches that are reversible if you want to approach it from that angle (higher pressure on regulator to achieve more fps). Quite a few ways to skin the cat.

-Matt
Thanks, l don't want to go down the porting road, right now. I have a lathe and mill but want to keep my options open. If l port, there is no going back. My thought was to get some heavier hammer springs to test. This was one of the the reasons for my thread. I want to buy a couple different springs to test. Just thought someone would know the oem spring size. I guess l'll take my spring out, measure and put back together. Don

Thanks, l don't want to go down the porting road, right now. I have a lathe and mill but want to keep my options open. If l port, there is no going back. My thought was to get some heavier hammer springs to test. This was one of the the reasons for my thread. I want to buy a couple different springs to test. Just thought someone would know the oem spring size. I guess l'll take my spring out, measure and put back together. Don

If you go that route, definitely consider a lighter valve spring as well, however that would require more in depth tear down including degassing.

-Matt