notos maple/carm mag sun damage? wtf?!

Dashboards get super hot so if it was my company honestly I would not replace them.. If keeping in card put in glovebox or inside container away from sun.. Hes a nice guy but could go broke replacing items as such.
Consider it a lesson learned.
it is a lesson learned for me. i know it was a lesson learned by the company as well, hence their reason for changing the material used for the magazines. if it were my company, i would have sent out replacements to everyone who reported their magazines warping. even then, that will not be everyone who’s magazines warped due to heat. not everyone will have a community like ours to be supportive in telling you to take a step forward report an issue about a product. i’m sure some people whose had their product warp did not report it and just ordered another one.
when i first made the purchase, item was delayed about 3 weeks and my payment was refunded before the magazine arrived. even the replacement i am waiting for now is not coming for free. i dont know how the cost for the materials to make one magazine but i’m assuming he’s selling it for much more than a 200% return per item.

it is 3d printed pieces that are made by a machine and put together by hand using only 2 screws.it takes less than 2 minutes to put one of these together and pieces can be printed without supervision. the mags are sold at premium prices and i’m sure that people who pay at these price ranges expect the product to be at least backed by outstanding customer support.

• Sad
Reactions: Firewalker
Dashboards get super hot so if it was my company honestly I would not replace them.. If keeping in card put in glovebox or inside container away from sun.. Hes a nice guy but could go broke replacing items as such.
Consider it a lesson learned.
i do not think he will go broke anytime soon. i doubt this is his only form of income.

I looked at his website, it appears his magazines are between $20-$30 for the notos. I really don’t think that is ‘premium’ pricing. Compared to over $100 for other premium replacement products, I think it’s a fair price. More than fair. I’ve designed and 3D printed items for myself and it takes quite a bit of time to get it right with a lot of testing involved.

I think the community is lucky to have options like carm and maple, they are actually providing a service that otherwise might not exist. Yeah, they might not go broke but I’d hate to see them go out of business.

Dave

it is if it’s for a notos. with shipping, it was over $40 when i purchased it. i do agree that the community is lucky to have these options. the designing and testing is almost always mainly only for themselves until it money gets involved. $40 for a plastic notos mag that is prone to warping from heat is expensive. i’m not saying i don’t support their effort, i do, just that it’s my opinion about the pricing. their customer service is also outstanding, so if you’re offended about my opinion, sorry not sorry

We want to emphasize that we stand behind every product we sell, going as far as replacing magazines that went in cloth dryer. We certainly don't expect the magazine to deform after being left out in the sun or on the dashboard.

Our decision to switch from PLA to PETG material was to respond to customer feedback. The new material can withstand temperatures up to 78°C before deforming, and we haven’t received any reports of deformed magazines since making the switch. We encourage the community to continue providing feedback so we can keep improving our products.

OP: as you stated you already got the original magazine for free due to shipping delays, and we also agreed to replace it if you buy anything else from our store so we can combine shipping with the replacement. Your opinion regarding pricing came as a surprise to us. We always strive to offer competitive pricing that reflects the quality and craftsmanship of our products.

Hope this helps...
Jay

We want to emphasize that we stand behind every product we sell, going as far as replacing magazines that went in cloth dryer. We certainly don't expect the magazine to deform after being left out in the sun or on the dashboard.

Our decision to switch from PLA to PETG material was to respond to customer feedback. The new material can withstand temperatures up to 78°C before deforming, and we haven’t received any reports of deformed magazines since making the switch. We encourage the community to continue providing feedback so we can keep improving our products.

OP: as you stated you already got the original magazine for free due to shipping delays, and we also agreed to replace it if you buy anything else from our store so we can combine shipping with the replacement. Your opinion regarding pricing came as a surprise to us. We always strive to offer competitive pricing that reflects the quality and craftsmanship of our products.

Hope this helps...
Jay
i appreciate your business and i think you’re doing the people who have no access to a 3d printed and cad skills a great favor! thank you again for your understanding.

Reactions: mcp
bay area all the way up to sacramento has been hotter these past few weeks.. sacramento been 3 digit temps most days of the week. we have a 70-82 f degree range here in Hawaii
Yeah, we've been baked here slowly at around 115-120F for the past couple of weeks. My brain has already melted, I can't think straight, and doing some really stupid things that I regret later. I guess I'll need to move to Hawaii too sooner or later... Or some other state with less overheating.

bay area all the way up to sacramento has been hotter these past few weeks.. sacramento been 3 digit temps most days of the week. we have a 70-82 f degree range here in hawaii
70° - 82° ok now I see, yeah that shouldn't have caused any damage.

I'm in Fairfield and we caught every bit of those 3 digits temps here, it was crazy, so glad that it's over for now..

Reactions: daddypaddy
here is my take on this
this post should have never been made
the manufacture and the buyer have work this out and after that than the facts of the matter could have been laid out
i took it upon myself to leave a message at the manufacture and the next poster was the owner and that my friends is fast

what we learned is some 3-D printed product do not hold up to high temperatures

we guess too much on all forums and facts and the truth should be the first post i don't maybe it is just me

My $120 dollar BRK and Daystate mags don’t have this problem 🤣

I have probably 20 3d printed mags for my different rifles, I’m extremely careful down here in Florida.
Yeah , but $120 per mag is absurd, I can get the same results out of carbon fibell filled mags at a third of the cost and would gladly pay double. The biggest issue here with those aluminum/steel mags is that they get hot like a seat buckle whether it's indirect sunlight or not 🙃

Last edited:
Yeah , but $120 per mag is absurd, I can get the same results out of carbon fibell filled mags at a third of the cost and would gladly pay double. The biggest issue here with those aluminum/steel mags is that they get hot like a seat buckle whether it's indirect sunlight or not 🙃
Totally, I was trying to be funny about what I had to shell out. I have Carm for my revere with the same mags. I might try sanding them down a little because I’m not getting the same accuracy I get from the factory mag. But my Carms for my P35 and Bullshark are amazing compared to factory.

this magazine was left on the window sill for 2hrs while i was out for a job interview.. its all warped and won’t fit into my rifle anymore. what’s up with that maple/carm?

do you all think they’ll replace it if i send them a message?
I know this is a very late post but I recently found one of my 25 cal Carm mags on the lawn while mowing and I believe it may have been there at least 2 weeks in Georgia summer heat, and lots of rain. I did not realize I had dropped one when I last shot. The plastics appeared to be fine but the spring was rusted and shot. I took apart cleaned it, used rust remover for the spring but still was not working right . Even sprayed WD40 dry lube and helped a little. (doesn't attract dirt or dust like regular WD40) So being challenged to make it work I took to my Dremel and cleaned spring, inside the mag so it would be smooth. Once I got it together I had it about 90% fixed. It would get stuck once in a while but otherwise work. I ordered 2 new ones from Carm and emailed Darko and explained what had happened. He sent me a new spring with the new mags no charge. I have since replaced spring and its new again! I personally like the Carm mags better(quick loading and unloading vs OEM) and yes all mags unless metal like JTS mags (less spring) will deteriorate if left outside in the weather. I will be more careful next time.