Notos or p-rod

This reminds me of the guys with high horsepower cars trying to drag race on street tires

You need “drag radials “

Ie. Some “good pellets “

May I suggest JSB and H& N pellets. I promise you you ll get the “traction “ to get you to the finish line
I don't want power, 20FPE at the most.
I want accuracy.

And if an airgun to be accurate needs pellets which cost 4-5 cents then I do not want the airgun.

I have the following .22 cal PCPs which are very accurate with CPHP (about 1.2 cents per pellet):
Air Venturi Avenger
ATI Nova Vista Liberty
Gamo Urban
Beeman 1358

The Kral choked barrels destroying the accuracy with CPHP or other cheaper pellets.

Reactions: Phil.Probe
I don't want power, 20FPE at the most.
I want accuracy.

And if an airgun to be accurate needs pellets which cost 4-5 cents then I do not want the airgun.

I have the following .22 cal PCPs which are very accurate with CPHP (about 1.2 cents per pellet):
Air Venturi Avenger
ATI Nova Vista Liberty
Gamo Urban
Beeman 1358

The Kral choked barrels destroying the accuracy with CPHP or other cheaper pellets.
That’s fair . I understand that. I don’t shoot a high volume at a time and I forget how much ammo I consumed earlier in this hobby …..

So no choked barrels for you then. I get it.

Get the notos. I don't own one yet, but I've had a Prod and I wouldn't waste the money on one these days. They should be under $250 now, can't believe crosman expects over $400 for one.
For $400, they should come with a regulator and a larger air tube these days...

I love the trigger in my Prod though, it was super nice from factory. Notos would need work to get close to that.

Reactions: orangeokie
True, but crosman sure uses that to their advantage to bleed people of their money! How have they went up in price vs staying or dropping over a decade? It's literally the same parts since it's inception. They did carve out that niche in the industry though.

If I came across one for $200-$250, I'd be hard pressed to pass it up. I can't justify $400+ when I know I'll dump another $300 into to it.
Only another 300? I just did a mental exercise taking into account the scope, rings, wood grips/forearm, DonnyFL KOI moderator, Buck Rail adjustable AR stock, and the Huma Regulator (not yet installed) . . . just a tad over 300 bucks :ROFLMAO:

I managed to scoop up a lovely Kral NP-03 on the classifieds.

So when we do battle and split into Notos, P-Rod, Jet and NP-03 teams you guys are gonna be in trouble. 🤠

yeah,
only trouble us notos guys will have is how to carry all the gold after we win hahahahaha ;)

I managed to scoop up a lovely Kral NP-03 on the classifieds.

So when we do battle and split into Notos, P-Rod, Jet and NP-03 teams you guys are gonna be in trouble. 🤠

I also have a Kral NP03

It’s more powerful, higher shot count ….. accuracy up close < 30 y very close..

I think the NP03 represents a solid value and a robust platform…. The Notos is far more balanced and easier to shoot. It’s lighter also.
NP03 needs a moderator as well because that’s shroud is baffleless and she cracks a good pop.

I use to think the NP03 was svelte …. The Notos stands close to the front of the line for my carbines

image.jpg

I also have a Kral NP03

It’s more powerful, higher shot count ….. accuracy up close < 30 y very close..

I think the NP03 represents a solid value and a robust platform…. The Notos is far more balanced and easier to shoot. It’s lighter also.
NP03 needs a moderator as well because that’s shroud is baffleless and she cracks a good pop.

I use to think the NP03 was svelte …. The Notos stands close to the front of the line for my carbines

View attachment 337052

Nice! First I've seen them side by side as well.

Plans may change, but I have enough rifles and carbines. My plan is to remove the butt stock and use the NP-03 to practice "large pistol shooting". I ordered a Buck Rail mod and red dot sight. Also looking forward to possibly tuning it for higher FPS/FPE and lower shot count. All I really need is 1 magazine for a toss in the truck, carry in the bag compact sort of gun. If it needs more air, there's an extra pump in the truck anyway.

Either way, that extra power (I purchased a .25 caliber) was really the factor that had me looking for one of these. I have a smorgasboard of pellets in 25 so it will be fun seeing what it likes best.

Nice! First I've seen them side by side as well.

Plans may change, but I have enough rifles and carbines. My plan is to remove the butt stock and use the NP-03 to practice "large pistol shooting". I ordered a Buck Rail mod and red dot sight. Also looking forward to possibly tuning it for higher FPS/FPE and lower shot count. All I really need is 1 magazine for a toss in the truck, carry in the bag compact sort of gun. If it needs more air, there's an extra pump in the truck anyway.

Either way, that extra power (I purchased a .25 caliber) was really the factor that had me looking for one of these. I have a smorgasboard of pellets in 25 so it will be fun seeing what it likes best.
I like it. One mag is all you’ll need. For your use the NP03 will rock. That’s a Buck rail on mine.

It’s loves the softer pellets and
It will be a little front heavy something the notos is not. 🫡

• Love
Reactions: silvershooter589
my Notos came early, I dialed in the trigger and cleaned it good, aired up and did a Chrony test with 14.3 CPHP's, got 781 average, out of 7 shots, highest was 783 lowest was 780, the rest were 781, I put a UTG 4-16x44 Compact scope with UTG medium rings on, the scope was lying around in the gun closet so I found a good home for it, dialed in the scope and put a few rounds down the backyard about 30 yards, I like this gun, it's light and easy to use, accuracy at 30 yards is excellent, I put a group in a 1" target about 1/2", sorry I forgot to take pictures of the target, having too much fun with the gun, airing up is quick with my Spritech VE3 compressor, takes less than a minute from 1500 psi to 3600 psi, not even enough time for the compressor to get warmed up....;) I also bought some extra mags from Airgun archery fun, they will be here monday, this is a very fun gun and it is so light, my shoulders that are bad, don't even notice the weight and I can hold it much better than some of my heavier guns, the Prod is very close in weight, but only get 700 fps, it's still a great gun for up close shooting.

Well if you wait too long they will be sold out again so go ahead and get it, well worth it......(y);)

I took a photo of all my carbines.

Top to bottom:
Gamo Urban
Kral NP03
Benjamin Marauder pistol AKA PROD
Umarex Notos

The Notos, PROD and Gamo Urban have an LDC about 6" long, and the Kral NP03 about 8" long.

The PROD and Notos have about the same length and weight.
The Gamo Urban and Kral NP03 have about the same length and weight (at least 2 pounds more than the PROD/Notos).

20230212_145003.jpg