Notos or p-rod

For $400, they should come with a regulator and a larger air tube these days...

I love the trigger in my Prod though, it was super nice from factory. Notos would need work to get close to that.
I would re-emphasize the trigger on the PROD. More than once I have been guilty of failing to concentrate when my finger enters the trigger guard and as I am just beginning to focus on POI I accidently "bump" the trigger and off it goes. I think the excellent trigger potential, if I do my part, is what makes the PROD so surprisingly and consistently accurate. Part of my trigger distraction comes from the amazing bright panoramic view through my 12X50 MTC S.W.A.T. scope. It takes a bit of eye relief adjustment to get it just right and it is during that time my lack of trigger concentration causes premature firing.

prod rail (2).jpg

does anyone know if the notos has a choked barrel.. thinking of taking the moderator off and shortening it a bit and machining the parts so I can screw the moderator on or off.. just wanted a more compact pistol.. but I have not had a chance to check the barrel to see if it's choked or if I can put it in the lathe and give it a nice new crown..
thanks
Mark Hooper

Reactions: Firewalker
does anyone know if the notos has a choked barrel.. thinking of taking the moderator off and shortening it a bit and machining the parts so I can screw the moderator on or off.. just wanted a more compact pistol.. but I have not had a chance to check the barrel to see if it's choked or if I can put it in the lathe and give it a nice new crown..
thanks
Mark Hooper

I could not detect a choke but you "could" crown the barrel if you had a 6" brass screw and you took out the inserts.

The moderator housing is melted/formed to the barrel end so it would have to be threaded to attach a moderator to the barrel once removed.

Reactions: markhooper
I have a PROD and a Notos.
The Notos at the same price as a PROD is shooting way better out of the box.
But the Notos is half the price of the PROD.

I have spent almost a full day (24 hours) tuning my PROD with various mods and countless shots over the chrony.
Now after all that time I am almost happy.
But out of the box, the Notos will be as accurrate, give me almost twice the number of shots, and have a much better build.

As expected you have a lot of guys insisting that you buy American, and posting proud pictures.
Maybe the PROD reminds them of their youth.
Since the only thing that the PROD has over the Notos is the trigger, and Crosman part availability (for now).

Do you think that the PROD is made in the USA?

Reactions: Dairyboy
I have a PROD and a Notos.
The Notos at the same price as a PROD is shooting way better out of the box.
But the Notos is half the price of the PROD.

I have spent almost a full day (24 hours) tuning my PROD with various mods and countless shots over the chrony.
Now after all that time I am almost happy.
But out of the box, the Notos will be as accurrate, give me almost twice the number of shots, and have a much better build.

As expected you have a lot of guys insisting that you buy American, and posting proud pictures.
Maybe the PROD reminds them of their youth.
Since the only thing that the PROD has over the Notos is the trigger, and Crosman part availability (for now).

Do you think that the PROD is made in the USA?
Benjamin is a U.S.A brand, made in Turkey. The P-rod is made of steel. The Notos is made in China and is plastic. There is a valid reason for a price difference. It may have alot to do with quality.

Benjamin is a U.S.A brand, made in Turkey. The P-rod is made of steel. The Notos is made in China and is plastic. There is a valid reason for a price difference. It may have alot to do with quality.
From what I can tell there's no lack in quality on the Notos. Benjamin is not made in turkey except a few like there Kratos, Akela, Gunnar and forget the other one. Mrod and Prod and such aren't American made however are assembled in America. I used to be a Benjamin fan but they have fallen behind in the airgun world. They have nothing really new that they make themselves but moved it to Kral. I've owned the Prod and the better gun is the Notos. Which is also way cheaper than an out the box Prod which needs alot more in it to get close to it.

These kinda threads amuse me. There are always cheerleaders on both sides.
I’ll keep my vote to myself. 😉

I vote neither, neither intrigue me nor fill a need I don't already have filled. Nor could I advise either as I find both lacking in enough departments to warrant spending more coin on a nicer gun, certainly knowing what I know now.

-Matt

Reactions: longdog and L.Leon
I vote neither, neither intrigue me nor fill a need I don't already have filled. Nor could I advise either as I find both lacking in enough departments to warrant spending more coin on a nicer gun, certainly knowing what I know now.

-Matt
While I agree with your assessment and feel the same way. It’s undeniable that the Notos is filling a niche in the market, quite nicely for some shooters. How it holds up, long term? TBD. Through, the “test of time”, the Prod has proven to be a good PCP.

While I agree with your assessment and feel the same way. It’s undeniable that the Notos is filling a niche in the market, quite nicely for some shooters. How it holds up, long term? TBD. Through, the “test of time”, the Prod has proven to be a good PCP.

I can't see what niche it really fills anymore than the pp700 or other variants hadn't already...but ya its just another spin on pp700's imo...not really anything new.

-Matt

I can't see what niche it really fills anymore than the pp700 or other variants hadn't already...but ya its just another spin on pp700's imo...not really anything new.

-Matt
I killed hundreds of rats with my Artemis pp700sa. It served me well, but I wanted more. So I sold it. But I have to give it major props. Because the “form factor” led me to the bomber BRK Atomic XR.

Last edited:

-Matt
Well a mag, a stock that's actually nice and built in LDC makes it much better than the PP700 for my personal needs. I owned one when they first came out. Prefer carbine to pistol. PP750 takes it closer but not stable carbine as the Notos. You don't need to understand the reason others want it if you don't. But it's a great little gun that filled a hole that I needed to fill.

Reactions: L.Leon
Well a mag, a stock that's actually nice and built in LDC makes it much better than the PP700 for my personal needs. I owned one when they first came out. Prefer carbine to pistol. PP750 takes it closer but not stable carbine as the Notos. You don't need to understand the reason others want it if you don't. But it's a great little gun that filled a hole that I needed to fill.
Exactly, the Notos more than adequately fits a specific criteria. Close in pesting and plinking. The long range “over 100 yards” air gunning is great for competition. But definitely not practical for the majority. And yes, some can spend five to six times as much for something sturdier. But it’s great that there are lower cost choices to do what most “practically” do with their airguns…

Last edited:
Reactions: Dairyboy
I killed hundreds of rats with my Artemis pp700sa. It served me well, but I wanted more. So I sold it. But I have to give it major props. Because the “form factor” led me to the bomber BRK Atomic XR.

Much like the Avenger and some of its variants, the notos will find its place as an inexpensive, get abit more than you paid for entry level option, imo, no ones going to break any world records with on

Idk why people on the internet love to argue, I stated my opinions and you can't argue them but enjoy your notos lol..