notos problems

hello,
sucks this has to be my first post here but here goes.
i purchased a umarex notos a couple weeks ago and have had nothing but problems with it.

first off the fill probe was missing a o ring and after being told false information from an airgun depot customer service agent where i purchased it, that i could simply go to ace hardware and get a replacement NOT i wasted a few days going to different ace stores looking for one with no luck.

so then i called umarex usa and was told that the orings are proprietary and i wont find one unless from them which they were out of stock.
but they did have a probe they could send me which they did.

today 7 days later i received the probe which works fine filling the gun but as soon as i let pressure off my compressor or remove the probe the air just leaks out of the same end the probe goes into.

so a quick call to umarex customer service a agent to me to check a screw in the pressure chamber cant remember the name but he told me the location, and the screw was tight and it still does the same thing.

im pretty sure the gun is going back to airgun depot tomorrow but in the meantime does anyone have any suggestions on what to check before i send it back.

thanks for any suggestions.

• Sad
Reactions: Airgun Al
Yupper, go back to the filler screw with the little oring.

Back the screw out, look at the oring, make sure it's not damaged.

Reinstall but only tighten the screw until it just kisses the oring.

If that fails... Ship that sucker back!

yep you are correct, the oring is broke.
that screw was in there pretty tight, i could actually see that it was smashed outside of the screw.

when i checked it before i noticed it but just assumed that was the way it was supposed to be, guy at umarex said check to see if screw was tight and it surely was lol.
ok so i am thinking it would be best just to ship it back in case there are other qc issues i haven't found yet.

are you a supplier for parts or just happen to have notos orings laying around?

thanks a lot for your time/help i appreciate it.

yep you are correct, the oring is broke.
that screw was in there pretty tight, i could actually see that it was smashed outside of the screw.

when i checked it before i noticed it but just assumed that was the way it was supposed to be, guy at umarex said check to see if screw was tight and it surely was lol.
ok so i am thinking it would be best just to ship it back in case there are other qc issues i haven't found yet.

are you a supplier for parts or just happen to have notos orings laying around?

thanks a lot for your time/help i appreciate it.

I'm kinda the Notos conversion guy with over 200 conversions. I have some OEM parts, many o-rings and mod parts in stock. You can find a BUNCH of info on the Notos here, many have created parts and designed "things" that we cannot speak of but help to reduce sound pressure measured in dB along with mounts, furniture, full pistol conversions, even 700mm FX barrel conversions shooting 14.39gr pellets at 1050fps!

20240522_190344.jpg

Last edited:
A bad O-ring can happen to the best of Air guns, I wouldn't condemn a gun just for a 10¢ O-ring failure and the Notos is a great little gun, I've had $1500 gun leak from a Failed #006 O-ring in the fill port, that's why I keep lots of O-rings in my Parts box, Oh and remember to Lube those O-rings with Silicone oil or Silicone grease to keep them working right.

Reactions: Dirtydrywaller
A bad O-ring can happen to the best of Air guns, I wouldn't condemn a gun just for a 10¢ O-ring failure and the Notos is a great little gun, I've had $1500 gun leak from a Failed #006 O-ring in the fill port, that's why I keep lots of O-rings in my Parts box, Oh and remember to Lube those O-rings with Silicone oil or Silicone grease to keep them working right.
I did send the gun back today for a replacement.
I have watched many reviews of the notos and aside from having to add a buck rail handguard so I can properly add a bi pod to the rifle I was very happy with my decision.
I understand that stuff happens.
I think you can find problems with all products if you look hard enough, and most of the time you only see the bad stuff because nobody very often goes put and praises a product on the boards.
Thanks for your reply I'm glad it wasn't the You get what ya pay for one, I always wonder if those people live in billion dollar homes with lambos and Ferraris in their garages.
:)

Reactions: KatoKevin454
sometimes the best repair station is the new owner doing the work
this post has the parts diagram and the Oring sizes
and very few Orings are made for one application so who ever told you that is full of it but you don't know and he or she is counting on it
fix it, shoot it and enjoy it but you can still be pissed off i would be

Thanks for that oring diagram link.
Yes I hate being an idiot about stuff when you are first starting out in a hobby and have to rely on salesmen or a paper pusher for advice.
Thats why i came here, i knew i just had to ask the people that own and shoot em to get a good answer.
thanks.

I'm kinda the Notos conversion guy with over 200 conversions. I have some OEM parts, many o-rings and mod parts in stock. You can find a BUNCH of info on the Notos here, many have created parts and designed "things" that we cannot speak of but help to reduce sound pressure measured in dB along with mounts, furniture, full pistol conversions, even 700mm FX barrel conversions shooting 14.39gr pellets at 1050fps!

View attachment 468702
hi firewalker, i did send the gun back for a replacement and would like to take you up on a replacement pack of seals for the notos is you have them available.
i cant pm you on account i dont have the post count and time needed on the forum to do so.
also im wondering what your backlog on conversion work is like because i think id like to trick this rifle out at some point.
ill try and do some posts on here so i can get pms.
thanks