O Ring Size

Been alot of talk on O Rings and now I'm in need. I can't find any with a half mm .50 cross section. I also am getting no help from any of the distributors of this gun (AEA hp ss) on sizes for various O Rings. Members here have mentioned O ring factory and some other distributors. When I go to their website they have o rings made for all types of applications and made of alot of different materials. I have a couple questions.
1. What o ring material should I be looking for?
2. Did I get the size right? Any way to tell from the Picture?
ID 6mm
CS .50mm

20241004_134746.jpg
Thanks

Been alot of talk on O Rings and now I'm in need. I can't find any with a half mm .50 cross section. I also am getting no help from any of the distributors of this gun (AEA hp ss) on sizes for various O Rings. Members here have mentioned O ring factory and some other distributors. When I go to their website they have o rings made for all types of applications and made of alot of different materials. I have a couple questions.
1. What o ring material should I be looking for?
2. Did I get the size right? Any way to tell from the Picture?
ID 6mm
CS .50mm

View attachment 501749
Thanks
Oringsand more. Call them and she can help you out. Buna 70 is probably the oring material.

Screenshot_20241004_134232_Brave.jpg

Reactions: Hopper
that Oring is easy to find but not cheap because of shipping but i will get to the Oring in a second
how to measure an Oring
you need two tools Digital calipers
and a 6 inch stainless ruler
if you don't half either buy them you will find you are using them all the time
6 inch ruler
General NO.311-me buy 2 and you can thank me later

https://www.theoringstore.com/store...duct_info&cPath=368_12_2185&products_id=95033

now what you have is to say because and inch tape measure doesn't help much
05mm = .0197 inches and 1/64 is .0156 inches
your ruler goes to 1/16 which is 1.588mm
you are looking for something that you guessing the size of
so, my point is know what you are looking for and have the right tools

you will see here that Oring come in all sort of CS
https://www.theoringstore.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=368_12

I have purchased from the O-ring Store but I find McMaster Carr's listings easier for me to read. If I remember right they show OD and ID and thickness. Many only show ID and thickness and I think I have seen OD and thickness. I have ordered the wrong size before because I got confused. McMaster Carr also gave me very quick delivery on my last order.

I will second the digital caliper suggestion. It will be able to give you inches or metric but the O-rings will almost certainly be metric. I order 70 hardness Buna N almost all the time. Occasionally I use a 90 hardness but I find them much more difficult to install so I don't use them unless I have a problem with the 70 hardness. I measure the O-ring I removed even if I have a manufacturers diagram. I don't find them to always be correct.

One of these days I am going to sit down and make up a special little plastic box for my favorite gun, may do others later, with labels and compartments for each O-ring they use (my P35s). I have the O-rings I think but they are scattered all over and it would be great if I knew I just had to look one place to find what I need. It would be worth more money if I could order a box like that for each gun. Business opportunity for somebody. I have the box (2 actually) and I think I have the O-rings and I made up a table of what each location needs, I just need to label the box and transfer the O-rings into it. My excuse if I've been cleaning up from Helene for the last week. But it will get attention, probably next week.

I have purchased from the O-ring Store but I find McMaster Carr's listings easier for me to read. If I remember right they show OD and ID and thickness. Many only show ID and thickness and I think I have seen OD and thickness. I have ordered the wrong size before because I got confused. McMaster Carr also gave me very quick delivery on my last order.

I will second the digital caliper suggestion. It will be able to give you inches or metric but the O-rings will almost certainly be metric. I order 70 hardness Buna N almost all the time. Occasionally I use a 90 hardness but I find them much more difficult to install so I don't use them unless I have a problem with the 70 hardness. I measure the O-ring I removed even if I have a manufacturers diagram. I don't find them to always be correct.

One of these days I am going to sit down and make up a special little plastic box for my favorite gun, may do others later, with labels and compartments for each O-ring they use (my P35s). I have the O-rings I think but they are scattered all over and it would be great if I knew I just had to look one place to find what I need. It would be worth more money if I could order a box like that for each gun. Business opportunity for somebody. I have the box (2 actually) and I think I have the O-rings and I made up a table of what each location needs, I just need to label the box and transfer the O-rings into it. My excuse if I've been cleaning up from Helene for the last week. But it will get attention, probably next week.
Great idea Jim. Good to see you have internet and hopefully power.Hope your place didn't get hit to bad. We are in N.Ga and it went right on by but N.C. and TN got it bad with the floods.

The O-ring Store, Mcmaster-Carr, O-rings and More are at least 3 places that should have what you need in the way of mm size and durometer rating. You can get 10 or 20 for the price other places charge for 1, ESPECIALLY OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer).
You can generally buy 100 from o rings and more for what the manufacturer will charge for 1.