N/A observation

Springer guys generally have different motives for shooting than PCP guys.

Guys that compete with each other are going to want a PCP. They compete with targets. They compete with the number of vermin they shoot. They compete with caliber and power. They compete with expensive rifles dripping with add-on stuff.

They are driven to compete with each other.

Springer guys compete with themselves. It's all about mastering the mystical flight of the pellet and channeling the rifleman within.

Sure we "compete" but it's a completely different vibe. It's all about the shooter and much less about the gun.

...Or how many rabbits we shot, how much our guns cost, how powerful the gun is, et cetera and ad nauseum.

It's a generalization that is not perfect. Nor is it a poke at any individual. That's just my interpretation in general after a very brief experience with the "airgun scene on the internet".

Last edited:
I noticed people in this section of the forum are always positive in their comments and helpful no matter the brand or power plant you're posting about. I haven't noticed any nasty criticisms or backhanded insults like some Karen's on other sections of the forum. Just an observation and I'd like to say thanks to all the springer heads:D for your positive and helpful commenting, and kindness to all your brother and sister air gunners. 👊✌️
No problemo! Always happy to help if I can.

Reactions: coastal drifter
All pcp guys should master the springers first. The skills associated with the springers will diffently help with your pcp shooting.
Both of these types of mechanisms are just different tools for different situations.
Enjoy both, not necessary to make one better than the other. Imo

Reactions: coastal drifter