Other OEM match gun/sight tools

This is a follow-on to a nearby discussion. Match airguns or sights were often supplied with a custom tool, that fit various things on the gun - action or sight screws, trigger adjusters, barrel sleeve muzzle nuts, etc. These can be handy and are fun to collect with the sights - worth picking up when you run across them.

Here's some I have:

+ 1 and 2: Walther. One may be for firearms and the other for airguns, not sure.
+ 3: Diana, furnished with the Diopter 60 sight.
+ 4: Anschutz, furnished with the steel 6702 sight.
+ 5: Feinwerkbau pistol tool, furnished with the 65.
+ 6: Gehmann, furnished with their rear sight irises.
+ 7: Feinwerkbau rifle tool, furnished with the 300S.
+ 8: Hammerli, not sure what it came with.
+ 9: CZ, ditto.
+ 10, 11, and 12: I have no idea what they go with! :oops:

IMG_5460.jpeg

The Anschutz tool (4) perfectly fits the clamping knob notches of Anschutz 6700-series steel sights. But the FWB one (7) fits my alloy 6705 better.

Last edited:
Could you post a pic with the Anschutz tool in the sight knob?
Yessir - its the side of the tool that fits the notches. Give you lots of leverage, but any other flat bit of metal the same thickness would work (It mikes .078" or about 2.0 mm). This is a 6702 sight:
IMG_5467.jpeg

As noted above, the old alloy-body 6705 that I have, has slightly narrower notches better matched by the FWB tool (.072" / 1.8 mm thick):
IMG_5464.jpeg

The FWB gadget also fits the classic Weihrauch diopter perfectly:
IMG_5466.jpeg

And is most useful for the "three-handed" job of tensioning an HW breech pivot bolt:
IMG_5465.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: fishing43
Hi Pete, yes the old Anschutz sights will fit most guns with 11mm grooves that are open to allow the sight to slide on from the rear. The front rails are slightly flexible and have tremendous clamping power, and the rails will clear both flat and arched receiver tops, so they are pretty forgiving of minor differences. I use them on several Weihrauch rifles.

Other old target rifles made by Diana, FWB, Walther, Weihrauch, etc., all had similar sights. But the attachment details, rail spacing and angles, etc. - and thus interchangeability - of those varies quite a bit.

Last edited: