• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is prohibited in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

Traditional Rifle Offering final springer from collection - incredible .20 HW98

Classified Status
SOLD

bdzjlz

Jul 11, 2016
Terre Haute, Indiana
The final springer to sell from my collection and vault clean-out project, an incredible fully tuned HW98 in .20 caliber. This has traditionally been my best shooting break barrel. Shooting the H&N FTT 11.42 pellets, and as evidenced by the target below, this rifle routinely shoots 10 shot groups in the sub <1/4" range, easily knocking down the 1/4" steel plates, shooting through the 10MM holes found on my RX target systems targets.

Purchased new in 2021, this rifle has never been shot anywhere but my indoor range or off of my back deck. There is not a handling mark on it that I am aware of.

The Vortek PG4 Steel HO spring kit and vac seal, trimmed for ultimate smoothness in the cocking cycle and shooting stroke, really brought this rifle into its own. The trigger has been fully worked over as I hand polished all of the touching components. Notice the SD of only 2 fps across a 20 shot string.

This is an heirloom rifle, being offered fully tuned and shipped for only $675 within the continental US. To include the rifle complete with the Vortex Diamondback 6-24x50 FFP scope on top of Sportsmatch vertically adjustable mounts, complete with field verified dope chart with both hold over and clicks settings verified, add $400.

Since the original listing, I have added the original test performance chart, comparing the out-of-the-box text results to the post complete tune test results. This rifle performs better than any out-of-the-box rifle will.

Thanks.

DZ

20 HW 98 Pellet Rifle Test Results.jpg

1 - Rifle image.jpg
2 - 18 yard test target.jpg

Last edited: