Ok I got the 2240. Now what?

I have a 2260 that was purchased new. I had the same issue and resolved it by replacing the piercing pin/valve. The tip of the original pin was dull. Using spacers or tightening up the tube cap won't solve the problem. The cartridge is pierced by cocking the gun and pulling the trigger. My 2260 took 6 or 7 pin strikes before the cartridge was pierced.

Reactions: .20calguy
For the front sight. You can tap it off by holding a stick on the rear edge and tapping it off with a small hammer. When you get it off you will see that there is a flat on the inside to match up with the barrel. Use a Dremel or rat tail file to remove the flat and make the I D round. You will now be able to re-mount the sight in a clock position that favors your sight line.

For the front sight. You can tap it off by holding a stick on the rear edge and tapping it off with a small hammer. When you get it off you will see that there is a flat on the inside to match up with the barrel. Use a Dremel or rat tail file to remove the flat and make the I D round. You will now be able to re-mount the sight in a clock position that favors your sight line.
If you modify the flat as suggested, how do you keep the sight from moving after it's adjusted ? You could drill and tap a hole just behind the blade and install a grub screw. The sight is soft and the threads might strip when you tighten the screw up.

Alright, on y'alls word I added a 2240 to my collection. I found it to be reasonably powerful, and accurate. So here's the but.
The sights are aweful, and unable to reach zero. The best zero I can manage is two inches or so to the right. It consistently hits the paddle to the right of the one I'm shooting at, on my Crazy Eights target. So it needs after market sights, and the Intermounts that fit my H9A, don't fit the 2240.
BTW my H9A has the same problem, but is shooting left.
Another thing I'm not comfortable with is the cap to the cartridge chamber. It is very tight, and requires even more, each time to release the CO2. I'm afraid it's going get bugered up, as I have to get on it with a screw driver.

View attachment 367727
can you shim the cap , maybe a this wad of Aluminum foil ? ?

Regarding sights. On my 2240 I put a Buck Rail supressor with front sight post ($22). Now it's quiet and it has a longer distance between sights. Left the rear sight alone. More accurate now and is still light weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bam86
Alright, on y'alls word I added a 2240 to my collection. I found it to be reasonably powerful, and accurate. So here's the but.
The sights are aweful, and unable to reach zero. The best zero I can manage is two inches or so to the right. It consistently hits the paddle to the right of the one I'm shooting at, on my Crazy Eights target. So it needs after market sights, and the Intermounts that fit my H9A, don't fit the 2240.
BTW my H9A has the same problem, but is shooting left.
Another thing I'm not comfortable with is the cap to the cartridge chamber. It is very tight, and requires even more, each time to release the CO2. I'm afraid it's going get bugered up, as I have to get on it with a screw driver.

View attachment 367727
I have this same issue with the progressive tightening of the cap....

Reactions: .20calguy
Regarding the cap being tight / difficult to turn, that shouldn’t be a problem. Try reading over the following comments and see if something is a mismatch to what you’re observing or experiencing.

When a fresh cartridge is installed, the cap need only be tight enough to press the nose of the cartridge up against the face seal on the valve. Finger tight is usually sufficient…or maybe hand tight if the seal is aged and worn.

Then when it’s time to remove the cap to replace a spent cartridge, there will usually be some pressure remaining. This residual pressure does apply some load to the threads but not a lot. If memory serves, the opening in the seal is 0.2” at most. A full cartridge (~850psi) would be exerting against an area of 0.031in^3 which produces only about 26lbs of force acting on the threads. As a worst-case figure, that shouldn’t make the cap so hard to turn that it would damage the threads.

I have this same issue with the progressive tightening of the cap....
I solved that mystery.
I was using vintage CO2 cartridges, and they're a much heavier steel, including the pucture plate.
One day the CO2 carts, went on sale and I bought some new ones, and they worked.peefectly as discribed.