Ok need some advice on a new gun.

As i have mentioned in prior posts im selling my hunting/shooting property. So now i would like to get a very accurate, QUIET, repeater, 177 pcp with an excellent record of reliability for shooting in my yard. I am also thinking of doing some field target competitions and some pesting. It has to be .......

1. $1000.00 max for gun.

2. Quiet

3. Accurate (adjustable power up to 18-20 flbs)

4. Repeater

5. Regulated or large shot count close in fps

6. Not overly large or heavy

I was looking at the air arms s510, Brocock and the streamline.

I would just order the streamline but it seems everywhere I look they are having quality control issues. If you have a reasonable suggestion without telling me a way overpriced gun I would truly appreciate it. Im open to all types of platforms. I have a condor ss in 25 and it is beautifully ugly to me. As long as it hits my high expectations. lol. Thanks in advance.

1536511200_8580804885b954ce0f05140.98707356_114A98D4-FFCC-4469-A7B8-2744152FE220.jpeg
1536511201_10791975655b954ce1dca733.65535909_9F339554-47DC-405A-A1FD-2577AFCC4A21.jpeg
Adjustable power and you can easily add a regulator, this one came tuned with a lighter valve return spring so I can get 30 full power shots with less tension on the hammer spring. Also come with weaver/picatiny rail already molded into the forend of the stock, which is pretty cool. Lightweight and very pointable. Probably be in the classifieds soon as I’m anxious to try some other airguns, the addiction continues.

AA410 , used. You can find a flawless one at a steal of a price.

The 16mm shroud is the quietest of any ( factory) airgun period. The 400/410 models have the match trigger ( much better than current). Long model gets 30+ shots +/-20fps and they group very well.

Fired ours yesterday for the first time in 2 years. It is my favorite trigger, technically I own better but the ( old style ) AA does break like a glass hair- set for single stage-. First shot I thought maybe it was very low on air but hit sport on at 50 yards and that's after sitting & traveling across America.

S500 or 510 "I" would pass one.

Adding a reg to either is $69.00 and very easy but I've never had issue with using 30 or so shots & refilling.

John

I have to chime in on the Streamline. Bought a used for 875 and it is very light weight, power adjuster works great, factory 3 piece moderator is very quiet, simple to maintain and very very accurate in .22. I would say it rates just as well if not better than the AA410 and has a completely different heft (feel) than the Brocock. All three are great but you gotta shoulder each one to know. The AA and Streamline are very similar and feel different then the Brocock. The AA and Brocock will probably be less pellet picky because of the LW barrel and the Streamline is almost exclusively JSB. None are wrong. Get the one that speaks to you. Let us know what you get.

I also looked and a site has the FX T12 Whisper MK11 Walnut with a scope for $1019. Beautiful gun but i never heard of it.

I have a FX T12 in .22 cal. Bought it new 5 years ago for my first pcp gun. Probably have put 5000 + shots thru it without any issues. Last time I shot it was last Thursday. The gun is non regulated but still gets 50 shots to a fill. Shoots sub 1/2" groups at 50 yards if I do my part. It's also very quiet. AOA sold them. 

Hi there. I have posted about my Streamline before, but having owned it for over a year now can maybe add a few overall impressions. First I should say that that the reason I bought it was to obtain more shots per fill than I was getting out of my rather ancient Daystate, which only provides about 20-25 accurate shots per fill. My requirement was at least 40 full power shots per fill from a non bottle-type gun. That meant I would have to get a regulated gun. At my price point, the Streamline was the only commonly available gun with a regulator at that time. I decided to get mine in 22 caliber since I planned to use it for hunting, and already had the Daystate in 177/20 caliber (I have two barrels).

I did get off to somewhat of a slow start with the Streamline because it initially would not stabilize the 18 grain JSBs, and I had hoped to use them for longer distance shooting. Once I had a couple tins through the gun, this problem seemed to resolve itself, although the 18 grain pellets are still not quite as accurate as the 15.9 grain JSBs. So the story about the Streamlline being somewhat pellet sensitive may have some truth to it, although I am not sure it is any more fussy than any other rifle I have owned. I have actually only tried the two JSBs so far.

Once the gun was shot in, I found it to be an extremely reliable and consistent performer. By that I mean group sizes stayed reliably around 1/2" at 50 yards in low winds, and zero was very stable. I don't think I ever had to rezero for elevation, and only fiddled with the windage turret to accommodate wind conditions. I clean the bore once every couple tins

I found the variable power adjustment very useful for obtaining more shots per fill whenever I didn't need full power. I use medium power to practice at distances out to 30 yards, and get over 80 shots per fill at that setting. Low power is perfect for indoors as it gives about 120 shots per fill and is extremely quiet as well.

At full power the shroud does help control noise, but most people seem to think an additional moderator is very desirable. I found the shroud alone to be sufficient for my needs.

Having only had it for a year I can't speak too much to reliability, but I have experienced no problems so far. From what I have read and seen, rebuilding the regulator is something that is going to need to be done periodically. I watched the AOA video on a regulator rebuild, and it seems like I should be able to handle that task. I am just hoping it will only have to be done every 5 years or so.

Overall the Streamline is a great performer with a lot of nice features and a modern, efficient design.

Chuck

One concern that has been pointed out to me when I was considering buying a Streamline is that the barrel is very long, unsupported, and not very stiff at all - such that the slightest touch at the end of the barrel will move it around more than seems desireable. I became a bit leery of choosing a Streamline for this reason, and partly because of all the reported problems. Too bad because it’s a very attractive rifle!

In contrast, rifles like the Daystate Huntsman Regal have a much stiffer and well-supported barrel. The Wildcat is better in this regard, as well. Both cost a bit more than the Streamline.

You might also want to consider the Weihrauch HW110. I haven't shot one yet, but every time I handle one I am impressed. And the trigger is great, as well. They are around $1 large. AA510 has been very well reviewed, as well.

I would vote for the Marauder. I have one in .177 and it shoots well. Not perfect, but good enough for Field Target. I get 55-60 consistent shots from a full charge. It is very quiet. Well under the $1000 requirement. It is a little on the heavy side. It is pretty reliable, and very easy to work on if needed. With the leftover cash you could get a good air tank, or maybe an air pump to round out the package.

Thanks socaloldman. The streamline does call to me the most. It hits every thing on my list. Except the issues. I wish more streamline owners would chime in and give their opinions on the rifle.

i have a streamline and it is awesome! it is my favorite gun. simple ,clean lines , easy to use. accurate and versatile. good shot count , great shot count at med power.