One way to increase a P-Rod or Crosman 1720T shot count -

Is to install a longer tube.

Thank you Darkhorse via fuzzygrub for the heads up. Had to drill two extra holes in the Fortitude tube for the two forward breech screws. Please excuse the terrible pic.

2023-01-21.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, it's a 20" M-Rod rifle barrel. The Fortitude tube is even longer than the P-Rod tube with extension, so may acquire a 6.5" TKO, as the unit installed is only 5.5", I too have ocd lol -

Some sort of rifle stock/trigger group is in my future, have enough pistol gripped carbines, need something more along traditional rifle lines -

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Yep, we'll see - now the fun part begins!

Fortunately for me this barrel is a shooter. Have had really good results swapping the internal valve spring of a P-Rod with one from a Maximus valve coupled with a longer barrel. I still need to wring her out shot string wise but she seems to favor a 2400 to 2500 psi fill.

Last edited:
I would love a Boyd's rimfire hunter stock if I knew it would be lefty friendly.
I had my disco in one for a bit. Ended up not digging the nutmeg finish or the length of pull, but it looked nice and it was lefty friendly. Doesn't have a fat comb on one side or the other, just the rise in the top.
20210413_210746.jpg
20210413_210734.jpg

hhmmm...stock 13&3/4 lop too short? That is not too shabby a look, sling studs included.

Would a M-Rod trigger group squeeze into that stock?
I had a boyds thumbhole disco with an Mrod trigger and both stocks are inletted the same so should drop in. I made my own trigger guard though, so I'm not sure about the fitment with the standard Gen 1 guard.

Reactions: SteveV
I am partial to Nutmeg and Coyote (y)

Other colors seem to have a lot of "undyed" portions which I don't like.
I guess on that stock I was expecting it to have mote "pop" to it. It kind of looked plain. My pepper thumbhole was very nice but I sold it when I got rid of the disco for being too long with the moderator. I can't do guns over 40" it's gotta be an OCD thing lol.

A Boyd's thumbhole and Mrod trigger would be pretty sweet. I had a fort like that for awhile, just couldn't get the accuracy I wanted.
Boost sir, I installed one of my .22 MROD LW barrels, although I haven’t had the time to have my Forti tube drilled just yet.

Tried 3 weights of JSB pellets (lower then 18 gr.), and they just land in the same hole—and very quiet, too, it sounds shrouded.

My range is only 25 yards though, but I’m happy ‘cuz my PROD barrel only likes the uncommon 5.53 JSB 14 gr. pellets

2B440627-7818-40ED-8628-253B94C82CC6.jpeg