Hatsan One Week with the Hatsan Velox .22

Can you make some pictures how the mounts sit on the rail?
IMG_0756.jpeg
IMG_0758.jpeg
IMG_0757.jpeg

Reactions: Bandito and LMNOP
Any advise on the caliber to choose for Velox? I see only 22 here tested if I’m not mistaken and I tend to think 22 would be the best. Opinions about .177 and .25 if anyone tried?
I think that the .22 is the best option.
Over here only the .22 and .25 are sold.
Much easier loading pellets then a .177 ;)

Reactions: Bandito and uladz
That looks not OK.
The rails are really stupid design.

I am working on a solution.
That's a "signature" Hatsan design, they have such rails on every gun. They call it something like dovetail / Picatinny hybrid rail, correct me if I'm wrong. But the truth is that this rail is a real PITA and does not work well nor for dovetail nor for Pic mounts. Hope they realize it soon and just have a standard Pic rail on their guns.

Reactions: Bandito
That's a "signature" Hatsan design, they have such rails on every gun. They call it something like dovetail / Picatinny hybrid rail, correct me if I'm wrong. But the truth is that this rail is a real PITA and does not work well nor for dovetail nor for Pic mounts. Hope they realize it soon and just have a standard Pic rail on their guns.
On my Vectis the dimensions are good.
Not on this one

I have about 500 rounds though it now with zero malfunction. It is so much fun using iron sights alone. Good little plinker and about as accurate as a powder burner (comparing my SW Mod411). Great fun for under 20 yards (old eyes). Notos I have is awesome for popping tree rats under 35 yrds. The Pulsar, king of all PCPs, rules the tree rats from afar and after weighing them finds them lacking. 🤣

I am really enjoying the Velox. I have well over a thousand rounds thru it by now and never had a malfunction. I shoot it almost every evening after work. I even swapped out the barrel for the one on my jet once because it’s a little longer. Doing so disabled the semi auto function so it worked like a straight pull bolt. It still automatically recocks but you have to cycle the bolt to load a pellet. It gave me an idea for a pump action micro carbine, not likely to actually do it…. but hey. I wish someone would come up with an extended block to add both cylinders over/under style like the jet2. loving it, now where did all my pellets go?😁

I now have over 5K dnownrange with mine. The accuracy amazes me. I hope they come out with a carbine version using the same semi-auto action as the pistol but with a longer barrel and short stock. It would be like a semi-notos. I think Hatsan really hit a home run with this pistol. It is just fun to shoot.

Zero issues here and good out to 40-50 yards. I would by this again, this PCP pistol is like the sleeper the Notos was. I own high dollar PCP gear and I am not lifting up my nose at this Velox. I might need to buy another just so I can dual-wield and waste even more CPHPs wearing a big ‘ol smile. 🤣

What’s the trigger like? Is it cocked and ready to go after each shot or are you both cocking and releasing with each pull of the trigger Cap gun style?
Truly semi-auto like a powder burner. After the last round the bolt and charging handle remain partially forward with the pellet probe depressing the magazine syop/no-pellet area.

1000 rounds for me, zero malfunctions, and I have done very fast cycling to the point of dumping 12 rounds downrange in less than 2-3 seconds.