N/A Open sights sight picture?

It sounds like you still think about that Hatsan a lot.

Would you like to talk about it?
Not really.. lol

Straighten up my meds from earlier

Gamo , irons , 50yards , cphp.22 , 6oclock hold as usual..😉

irons, gamo, cphp, 50y (2).jpg
irons,gamo,cphp, 50y .png
Ya don't think you can't shoot good out of Walmart ..lol

Enjoy..

A bit of target comparison...

Target shape makes a huge difference. Round dots are easy to aim at and easy to hit.

Objects are tricky. Some are windage forgiving. Some are range forgiving. Some are not forgiving at all.

My dinosaurs are all different shapes. The tyrannosaurus an velociraptors are hard to hit. They are a long triangle. That shape is tough to target. And they stand at an angle to the ground. It's tricky.

With other shapes besides circles the game changes a lot. Center mass becomes difficult to determine. The best place to aim for a hit is not always center mass. Some shapes are hard to hit no matter where you hold the bead.

Last edited:
Reactions: coastal drifter
I'm lucky to live in the hinterlands. It's wide open spaces for hundreds of miles. I can shoot about anywhere. Wilderness in every direction.

There is a borrow pit with beautiful plaster sand about 400 yards from my house. I can park in the shade of a cliff in the afternoons and shoot any range I want. Misses are easy to see. Never a ricochet. I can see my front door from my shooting spot. It's a sandbox a quarter mile square.

We have a bunch of spots we like to go in the evenings when it cools. We float targets down the river and sit in the shade. There are dozen of canyons leading up to the mountains where deer, javelin and coyotes cross the range. There hasn't been a night where rabbits and collared dove don't get in front of your target. You have to stop shooting often because a dozen quail are working their way though the range.

I have a 100 yard shot off the back porch. But my dogs are playing all evening and they get in the way. So I go across the road to "the pit" to shoot these days.

Down here on the border it's pretty laid back and not much going on. You can go out for weeks and never see a vehicle. It's safe. Everyone is friendly. No issues with shooting guns or doing whatever you want to do.

It's been a complete free for all since I was a kid. Not much crime, no law to speak of, nothing out there but wide open desert and big mountains. The roads are mostly dirt except the main highways. Everyone waves. No strangers just people you haven't met yet. Traveller's are always welcome. The posole is always hot.

No one has much but no one goes without. Everyone is packing. Everyone is an outdoorsman. Everyone minds their own business.

It's real freedom with no fences. A man does whatever his conscience allows him to do and the desert makes him live with it. It's perfect parity.

You can count on a man's word here and the ladies are all beautiful. They all smell like vanilla are the color of cinnamon and taste like nutmeg.

It's an outdoorsman's dream.

Last edited:
I'm lucky to live in the hinterlands. It's wide open spaces for hundreds of miles. I can shoot about anywhere. Wilderness in every direction.

There is a borrow pit with beautiful plaster sand about 400 yards from my house. I can park in the shade of a cliff in the afternoons and shoot any range I want. Misses are easy to see. Never a ricochet. I can see my front door from my shooting spot. It's a sandbox a quarter mile square.

We have a bunch of spots we like to go in the evenings when it cools. We float targets down the river and sit in the shade. There are dozen of canyons leading up to the mountains where deer, javelin and coyotes cross the range. There hasn't been a night where rabbits and collared dove don't get in front of your target. You have to stop shooting often because a dozen quail are working their way though the range.

I have a 100 yard shot off the back porch. But my dogs are playing all evening and they get in the way. So I go across the road to "the pit" to shoot these days.

Down here on the border it's pretty laid back and not much going on. You can go out for weeks and never see a vehicle. It's safe. Everyone is friendly. No issues with shooting guns or doing whatever you want to do.

It's been a complete free for all since I was a kid. Not much crime, no law to speak of, nothing out there but wide open desert and big mountains. The roads are mostly dirt except the main highways. Everyone waves. No strangers just people you haven't met yet. Traveller's are always welcome. The posole is always hot.

No one has much but no one goes without. Everyone is packing. Everyone is an outdoorsman. Everyone minds their own business.

It's real freedom with no fences. A man does whatever his conscience allows him to do and the desert makes him live with it. It's perfect parity.

You can count on a man's word here and the ladies are all beautiful. They all smell like vanilla are the color of cinnamon and taste like nutmeg.

It's an outdoorsman's dream.
I might have to move out that way.

Reactions: Bedrock Bob