Optimum speed for .30 pellets and slugs

I just installed a .30 cal barrel on my Impact M4. It's the 600mm length and I'm just wondering what speed I should be targeting for pellets and slugs? I'm shooting the 44.75 grain JSB pellets and the 44.5 grain FX Hybrid Slugs. Right now I have the regulator set on 110 BAR, the macro wheel on 14 and the micro wheel on 4. It's shooting the pellets at an average of 823 FPS and the slugs at 800 FPS. Both are grouping very well at 37 yards. Just curious if I'm already within the target range or do I need to increase or decrease velocity to improve accuracy? Thanks.

I just installed a .30 cal barrel on my Impact M4. It's the 600mm length and I'm just wondering what speed I should be targeting for pellets and slugs? I'm shooting the 44.75 grain JSB pellets and the 44.5 grain FX Hybrid Slugs. Right now I have the regulator set on 110 BAR, the macro wheel on 14 and the micro wheel on 4. It's shooting the pellets at an average of 823 FPS and the slugs at 800 FPS. Both are grouping very well at 37 yards. Just curious if I'm already within the target range or do I need to increase or decrease velocity to improve accuracy? Thanks.
It's gonna end up being whatever you're gun ends up liking with whatever tune you put on it. Mine liked H&N 50gr at 940, H&N 54gr at 880,, zan 49gr at 970fps and hybrids at 960fps This was with the heavy liner and twenty eight inch barrel running at 162b

Those 44gr pellets usually like the typical 875-890 speed range. Mine have in Impacts. Like any rifle, you usually see someone a little higher or a little lower, but I think that range is consistently the pocket for those pellets.

I remember reading somewhere that the diablo style .30 cal pellets are most stable between 800 - 950 FPS. That's a pretty broad spread. I think I'm going to shoot for around 850 FPS with the 44.75 grain JSB's and see how it performs. I have 3 barrels in different calibers (.30, .25 & .22) and would like to find a good reg/valve setting that would allow just changing the HST adjuster to accommodate all 3 calibers.

I remember reading somewhere that the diablo style .30 cal pellets are most stable between 800 - 950 FPS. That's a pretty broad spread. I think I'm going to shoot for around 850 FPS with the 44.75 grain JSB's and see how it performs. I have 3 barrels in different calibers (.30, .25 & .22) and would like to find a good reg/valve setting that would allow just changing the HST adjuster to accommodate all 3 calibers.
Your last sentence is not going to happen. If I had your gun I would start at 860fps and do all my testing up to the 890’s with pellets. The slugs might suit your fancy in that speed range also. But things might go south with the slugs accuracy when or if you stretch them out. Hybrids can shoot some outstanding groups at slow speeds at pellet distances.

Fx m3. Shooting slugs. And very accurate

IMG_3150.png