Ordered a Gx-Cs4 compressor, looking for general startup advice.

I never thought I would need a compressor, but my health is not what it was a few months ago. I can still hand pump my guns, but I can see the future...

So I ordered a Gx-Cs4 compressor. $513 delivered.

Please give me any and all advice on what I should and should not do before I screw it up!

The instructions call for distilled water for coolant, but also says something about a PH level of 7. Well, that is just one of the many things I don't know squat about.

So... Treat me like I know nothing, because as much as I have read about the Gx-Cs4, I have never owned an HPA compressor and don't want to screw up from the beginning.

Many thanks!

Kerry

p.s.

I have no tanks, so I will only be filling airguns. A Fortitude, Akela and when it is fixed, a DAR. All in .177

Last edited:
Reactions: BluegrassBill2020
I replied to your comment on another thread with this too.

When I got my compressor off amazon they sent me this message:

Message from seller ANKUL:Hello Valued BuyerThanks for choosing our new launched CS4 pcp compressor. We will provide lifetime after-sale support.Pls keep in mind the important information when you received.
1. Note: For the first use, it must be filled with 500ml of pure water or antifreeze before you turn on power. Otherwise, will cause damage ! !Total 500ml. we suggest coolant and distilled water mixing with ration 7:3 ( 7 coolant). You can use this kind of coolant: https://www.amazon.com/Zerex-861583...128011&rnid=1249126011&rps=1&s=automotive&sr= 1-1notice : when switch on the power, the water pump will work first. be sure to check if the water flows from the upside hole in the water tank into tank.if not flowing, pls contact with us and don't press " start" button to use.
2. Do not turn the grease knob until after 4-6 hours of use, then turn it 1-2 turn. we added before factory. Afterwards, when the speed slows down, turn it around again.After the break-in period, there is no need to add grease any more if speed is normal.
3. ATTENTION: when filling is complete, please release the bottle valve first (when filling bottle) and then open compressor's bleed valve to release line pressure. All pressure must be released from compressor before next starting.
4. Notice:This CS4 model was designed with 2 stages of check valve inside. When working, it does not leak. but after turn off power, it may leak pressure from the second stage check valve. For example, 300 bar drops to 200bar in several minutes. This is normal and please don't worry.When met " Everything sounds fine and works good until 180bar. The unit holds good pressure but will not go above 200bar". It is not defective. You only need to drain the excess grease by refer youtube video.The max design pressure is 5800psi. but most bottles can only support 4500psi.ThanksJason from GX

I did add an external water separator to it for good measure along with an extension line and a couple caps and plugs.

Not sure where you are in the states, but I'd be willing to share some of the antifreeze. I wish you could get antifreeze in smaller quantities. I have a qt bottle of mixed coolant and barely used any of the gallon of antifreeze.

I never thought I would need a compressor, but my health is not what it was a few months ago. I can still hand pump my guns, but I can see the future...

Please give me any and all advice on what I should and should not do before I screw it up!

The instructions call for distilled water for coolant, but also says something about a PH level of 7. Well, that is just one of the many things I don't know squat about.

So... Treat me like I know nothing, because as much as I have read about the Gx-Cs4, I have never owned an HPA compressor and don't want to screw up from the beginning.

Many thanks!

Kerry

p.s.

I have no tanks, so I will only be filling airguns. A Fortitude, Akela and when it is fixed, a DAR. All in .177

Many thanks!

Kerry

p.s.

Many thanks!

Kerry

p.s.

Hi Backstop
Can you share where you order it from. I'm looking for a compressor too. I'm a airgun newbie too.

Thanks

I replied to your comment on another thread with this too.

When I got my compressor off amazon they sent me this message:

Message from seller ANKUL:Hello Valued BuyerThanks for choosing our new launched CS4 pcp compressor. We will provide lifetime after-sale support.Pls keep in mind the important information when you received.
1. Note: For the first use, it must be filled with 500ml of pure water or antifreeze before you turn on power. Otherwise, will cause damage ! !Total 500ml. we suggest coolant and distilled water mixing with ration 7:3 ( 7 coolant). You can use this kind of coolant: https://www.amazon.com/Zerex-861583...128011&rnid=1249126011&rps=1&s=automotive&sr= 1-1notice : when switch on the power, the water pump will work first. be sure to check if the water flows from the upside hole in the water tank into tank.if not flowing, pls contact with us and don't press " start" button to use.
2. Do not turn the grease knob until after 4-6 hours of use, then turn it 1-2 turn. we added before factory. Afterwards, when the speed slows down, turn it around again.After the break-in period, there is no need to add grease any more if speed is normal.
3. ATTENTION: when filling is complete, please release the bottle valve first (when filling bottle) and then open compressor's bleed valve to release line pressure. All pressure must be released from compressor before next starting.
4. Notice:This CS4 model was designed with 2 stages of check valve inside. When working, it does not leak. but after turn off power, it may leak pressure from the second stage check valve. For example, 300 bar drops to 200bar in several minutes. This is normal and please don't worry.When met " Everything sounds fine and works good until 180bar. The unit holds good pressure but will not go above 200bar". It is not defective. You only need to drain the excess grease by refer youtube video.The max design pressure is 5800psi. but most bottles can only support 4500psi.ThanksJason from GX

I did add an external water separator to it for good measure along with an extension line and a couple caps and plugs.

Not sure where you are in the states, but I'd be willing to share some of the antifreeze. I wish you could get antifreeze in smaller quantities. I have a qt bottle of mixed coolant and barely used any of the gallon of antifreeze.
Many thanks for the info and offer! I live in Alabama, so I will look around here for the anti-freeze and ask a few neighbors if they have that brand.

My health is unsteady lately. I have a good day from time to time, but most of the time I haven't got much energy, so I am slow to get things done... like posting replies. (smile)

The compressor is due tomorrow via UPS. (grin)

Thanks again!

Kerry

Many thanks for the info and offer! I live in Alabama, so I will look around here for the anti-freeze and ask a few neighbors if they have that brand.

My health is unsteady lately. I have a good day from time to time, but most of the time I haven't got much energy, so I am slow to get things done... like posting replies. (smile)

The compressor is due tomorrow via UPS. (grin)

Thanks again!

Kerry
Cool hope you enjoy it. It was rather straight forward. If you are keeping it indoors where it won't freeze you should be able to run it on distilled water just fine. Especially if you aren't doing heavy loads like filling multiple scba bottles. So if you need to take some time before getting that type of antifreeze you can.

Reactions: BackStop
Cool hope you enjoy it. It was rather straight forward. If you are keeping it indoors where it won't freeze you should be able to run it on distilled water just fine. Especially if you aren't doing heavy loads like filling multiple scba bottles. So if you need to take some time before getting that type of antifreeze you can.
Thanks! That is good to know as I have lots of distilled water. The only thing that bothered me was the reference to a Ph of 7.

Of course, I will read the instructions and I did receive the email you quoted as well, which made me wonder about the Ph.

I will only be filling the guns (well the Fortitude, Akela and DAR) in my signature. So, the compressor will not be stressed.

Also, I have hygrometers inside and only hand pump when the humidity is below a certain level. In summer that costs me a little because I have to run the a/c more at times. In the fall and winter, the dew point and RH get low enough that moisture is not really an issue. (I hope... smile)

Anyway, thanks again for your time and attention. It is greatly appreciated!

Kerry

You can buy ph test strips if your concerned. If your reading is below 7.0, then there is too much acid in the coolant. If the reading is above 10, then there is too little acid in the coolant, and the coolant needs to be adjusted.
Thanks, I considered that, but supposedly pure distilled water is Ph 7. However, that is before it comes into contact with other elements.

In any case, I will read the instructions and follow them to the T. (smile)

Thanks!

Kerry

Reactions: Camaro454
I bought mine direct from gxpumpofficial.com and used the discount code they provided at the top of the page.

You may have to do a search on their site for the cs4 as only the cs3 pumps come up readily.

Good luck!
Forgot to mention that my credit card company immediately flagged my purchase and texted/emailed me to make sure that I made the purchase.

Given that I know other members here have purchased directly from gxpumpofficial .com, I OK'd the transaction. I did have to redo the transaction because of this, but the pump is due (via UPS) tomorrow. Ordered Tuesday, will be here Friday. Not bad.

All my best!

Kerry

Reactions: Camaro454
Just an update:

I received my GX-Cs4 compressor this past Friday as expected. Unfortunately, my health has made it impossible to test it thoroughly so far.

But it did come without damage and I have filled (topped off) my Fortitude and Akela both from about 2500psi to 3000psi. It actually took about as long as it usually would take me to do it by using a hand pump, but I haven't felt like setting it up in a permanent place where it will be easier to get the fill whip to the gun.

At least in my case, I am happy. I did fill the coolant reservoir with distilled water only. I noticed some soapy looking white particles, so I ended up draining the water and refilling, again with just distilled water.

I looked into using anti-freeze or water wetter, but the more I looked the more I became convinced that pure distilled water will work best for me. The pump is inside and will never freeze and water wetter seems to simply be a surfactant, but the ingredients list makes me wonder.

In any case, for me, distilled water is cheap and is better at cooling than any anti-freeze which I don't need with the compressor indoors and I am only filling relatively small capacity airguns.

The gauge matches perfectly with the gauges on my guns and the auto-stop works fine. I still don't know what the second needle is for...???

Anyway, so far I am happy with the compressor. Just not with my declining health situation... (heavy sigh)

Last edited:
Reactions: MysticalDragon