Ordering from Natchez

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had some ordering experiences they could share about Natchez. They have a great deal on the air gun I want, but I am not sure if saving the money is worth not ordering from a reputable air gun dealer. Does anyone know if they test fire and examine like some other distributors? To me I’d rather have the peace of mind of ordering once and getting a working gun versus saving the money and having to deal with returns. Thanks in advance for any advice or opinions!

Reactions: Firewalker
Solution
Thanks all for the replies so far. I will reach out directly and ask about testing per the advice above. I figured it couldn’t hurt to get third party opinions since they are not a dedicated air gun distributor, plus I need 10 posts so I can PM and be active on classifieds. Hope everyone has a great day and gets some shooting in today!
I've also bought firearm items from them, but sorry...no airgun goodies. I just received a new mailer catalogue from them the beginning of this week.
On one hand, yes, they seem fair and upstanding, on the other...they are mainly a firearms and firearms equipment shop. I could be wrong, but I doubt that they test the airguns that they sell.

WHY...don't you just call them...and ask ?

Mike

Thanks all for the replies so far. I will reach out directly and ask about testing per the advice above. I figured it couldn’t hurt to get third party opinions since they are not a dedicated air gun distributor, plus I need 10 posts so I can PM and be active on classifieds. Hope everyone has a great day and gets some shooting in today!

Solution
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had some ordering experiences they could share about Natchez. They have a great deal on the air gun I want, but I am not sure if saving the money is worth not ordering from a reputable air gun dealer. Does anyone know if they test fire and examine like some other distributors? To me I’d rather have the peace of mind of ordering once and getting a working gun versus saving the money and having to deal with returns. Thanks in advance for any advice or opinions!

They are solely a reseller, no setup or test firing but they are outstanding to buy/return, great company.

I've been buying from them for other (pew-pew) reasons for decades. No complaints.

Bought the last 4 Umarex Notos from them.

They are solely a reseller, no setup or test firing but they are outstanding to buy/return, great company.

I've been buying from them for other (pew-pew) reasons for decades. No complaints.

Bought the last 4 Umarex Notos from them.
Well that saves me the trouble! Thanks for the direct answer, Firewalker. I have been reading your posts on the Notos for a bit now and it is awesome to hear from you!

Of the 4 you bought, did you have any sealing issues on the first fill? I read something about having to use a blast of air to seat the o-rings but I am planning on a hand pump setup to start out with. Not sure if that will be an issue? I was also wondering if the barrels needed extensive cleaning. I have a Patchworm kit on my wish list and didn’t know if I should have it on hand when the gun arrives. Would love to hear your input if you have the time.

Reactions: Firewalker
Well that saves me the trouble! Thanks for the direct answer, Firewalker. I have been reading your posts on the Notos for a bit now and it is awesome to hear from you!

Of the 4 you bought, did you have any sealing issues on the first fill? I read something about having to use a blast of air to seat the o-rings but I am planning on a hand pump setup to start out with. Not sure if that will be an issue? I was also wondering if the barrels needed extensive cleaning. I have a Patchworm kit on my wish list and didn’t know if I should have it on hand when the gun arrives. Would love to hear your input if you have the time.

Of the many Notos I have worked on or converted, I've yet to see one arrive empty. A very large percentage arrived with 1k psi and others with 3k psi but none were empty from the resellers.

You MUST cock the Notos before airing them up or the valve will leak.

The barrels all arrive "dirty" with shipping grease and what looks like rust. I've yet to see a pitted barrel and they are relatively accurate out of the box but it's obvious that there was no effort to crown the bore once the moderator housing is removed and the barrel end is exposed.

Of the last 5 conversations I've done, all 5 had a good 7mm of freebore where the lands were ground out leaving a bore in excess of .22".

This is a lazy way to terminate the barrel but it seems to work well for Umarex. I cut the barrel back 12mm to the first C clip groove and cut an 11° crown (I already had the tool) and polish the face, blue and oil.

The precision is a tad better but I would not day accuracy increases a lot.

Accuracy seems to increase when the barrel is hand lapped and polished. This also allows for 1 patch barrel cleanings as well.