FWB Original FWB 300 in the box

I have been hanging on to this new in the box FWB 300 for many years. I had a letter from the factory some years back saying this was perhaps the very last full size FWB 300 to be manufactured in 1972 before the smaller FWB 300S came out. If not the last one, it was at least manufactured during the last week of manufacture of this model. I am wondering how uncommon these are, and what it may be worth? If anyone can give me some advice, I would appreciate it. 52 years old and aging well. I take it out twice a year to oil it down, other than that it just lives in my safe. I thnk FWB made some of the nicest air rifles ever produced. If only everything was built to this standard, what a nice world it would be.View attachment 492555View attachment 492556
Certainly hard to find a NIB rifle like that, so it's certainly special, but for what it's worth, I've seen an FWB 300 (not a 300S) with a serial number of 119571.
As I understand, Feinwerkbau continued with the numbering between the 300 and 300S, and there was a point when they were making both. I doubt therefore that your 300 is from the last week of the gun's production.

Reactions: Bandito
this rifle, in this ??? condition ? yes it is new in the box and IF a collector really wanted this for display in his collection, in a bidding war with another collector ? That is why i said to go on a Auction site . There is an auction site for antique Air Guns and this would be the best bet to get the most money .
on this AGN Classifieds i would still say $400 to $475 .

Lots of pie in the sky when it comes to gun, or anything, values. To me an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay today, not hoping for a homerun down the road. At the stroke of a politicians pen they are all worthless. I have lots of friends with centerfire collections they thought were a goldmine until it comes time to sell them. Lots of tire kickers but often no buyers at what they think they are worth. So there the guns sit getting dusty, owners wondering why nobody buys. They aren't worth it except in there imaginstions. So who promotes the big values, the professional sellers, auction houses hoping for those homeruns.

Reactions: mj102 and Bandito
For a bit of perspective

2 years ago at the Midwest show, I gave $750 for a very mint left handed FWB 300 Tyrolean in its original box.
The rifle came from a seller known to be very fair in his pricing, and also known to be a very astute collector. He knows the market in other words.

As to the rifle that is the subject of this thread

I could very easily see it getting snatched up at a show for 1k. That is just my opinion of course, and I would love to be proven wrong.
The price it is listed at on the auction sight is, IMHO a bit optimistic, but in today's world it may very well realize more than any of us expect it to.
This rifle is a clear example of, when will you see another one in that condition, and complete as issued?

The $400 to $500 level of FWB 300 and 300S rifles is for a bog standard model with some honest use, in MY opinion.

You would do best $$$with an auction house (guns international is one ) I buy sell at the air gun show's and typically FWB300 sell for $350 to $400 . That said yours is a little better with the original box and papers so i would add another $50 to $75 . You might get a bit more from a collector if they actually see the item . also you should ty it out to make sure it still functions and the FPS is at least near the advertised rate .
I think you're confusing the FWB 300 with the 124. No way $350-$400 for the FWB 300. Maybe non functioning
and for parts only.

I think you're confusing the FWB 300 with the 124. No way $350-$400 for the FWB 300. Maybe non functioning
and for parts

and for parts only.
oop's you are absolutely correct , for some reason i was thinking 124 not FWB300 , so sorry
Stan in Ky.

It went on the block yesterday. It might get 2K. Depends largely on the wood and he doesn't have any good pictures up.
Also saw his R1 listed. That one won't get 2K. IDTS
Only 1 picture shown
Surprise me.
Pretty lazy when you are looking to sell something at a premium price, but can't be bothered to post more than 1 or 2 photos.

Reactions: mj102 and Bandito
Just for perspective, on my table at Columbus this year was an FWB 300 complete with sights, well worn but resealed for less than $350.

Side note on the Beeman R-1 listed on the 'bay: the two examples I've seen with Beeman custom stocks had grip caps and checkering; this one has neither...?

Don R.
Don
Beeman made fancy grade walnut stocks like the one on ebay. They were NOT the same as a Beeman Custom Shop rifle. However, they could be ordered with or without checkering.
I've seen examples of FWB 124D rifles in similar stocks as well. I recall that back in the 80s they cost over 600 dollars. Given that as a starting point, I think we're he is currently....1000 to start and 1300 buy it now is a fair price.
If you were to try and buy a blank of that quality wood, it would cost more. IMO

Here is an update on my FWB 300:
At the request of an ebay user, I did a chronograph today to make sure seals etc were all good. Here are the results on a string of 10 RWS match pellets - 7.0 grain. Here are the velocity figures. (Factory original claims 640 fps, so not bad for 52 years old!)

Average = 654.79 FPS
Highest = 660.2 FPS
Lowest = 651.4 FPS
Spread = 8.8 FPS
Standard Deviation = 2.742 FPS

Someone asked if it was a walnut stock or beech. I cannot tell for sure, but it looks like walnut to me. Attached are some close ups of the stock.
Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 4.10.26 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 4.09.23 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 4.09.45 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 4.10.40 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 4.10.04 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 4.10.55 PM.png

BTW: Serial Number is 95500.
So ,what’s your end goal , this whole post was a passive attempt at sales offers privately ,and to create interest .. You have this listed as a auction on FLEA-BAY. .. GIVE IT UP .. PASSIVE selling.= Fishing for offers

spades a spade.

Last edited:
If anyone cares

The German gunshop sticker applied To that FWB 300 is discussed in this thread.

Bit of history, and an interesting story.

Reactions: beerthief