P-3/Red Dot

I'v owned the P-3 since January 2005 (AOA) and always enjoyed shooting it. I've gotten older and the eye sight is not what it use to be 👀 and I can't see the sights very well especially the rear its really fuzzy, even with glasses. I thought about selling it and prior to putting it up for sale I took it to the range to make sure everything worked as it should since I had not shot it in a few years. Well after shooting it I decided to keep it. I decided to put a Red Dot on it and I really like it, it makes shooting the P-3 a pleasure. At the range today at 15 yards offhand I had a groups .88 CTC I'm happy with that its a lot better than I use to do with just the iron sights. This is the air pistol that has rekindled my enjoyment shooting airguns. I have since gotten two other air guns/carbine and I'm sure a rifle will be next and then I'm done;).

They are a pleasure to shoot. I just put a red dot on my late 90's model this week.

Yes that's the exact one I have. I have the red dot as far to the rear as possible and I believe the weight makes it easier to close. Try sliding that red dot all the way back. I use three finger to press right behind the rear sight and I was amazed how easy it was to close, give it a try.

Yes that's the exact one I have. I have the red dot as far to the rear as possible and I believe the weight makes it easier to close. Try sliding that red dot all the way back. I use three finger to press right behind the rear sight and I was amazed how easy it was to close, give it a try.
I have it set up for my entire office to shoot in our garage, the ladies need to get their hand on the back to charge it. Thats the only reason I do that.
I have a monthly pellet competitions for my group.

How are the sight lines with it sitting up that high? I bought a pair of BKL adapters in case I decide to put a red dot on my HW45. Problem is I’d really prefer to not do that. Someone told me they’d had good luck buying a pair of cheaters and shooting irons with them so going to try that first.
I have a Hawke Vantage on and it works out perfectly. I have it zeroed at 7 yards and shooting it at the range at 15 yards it was dead on. I like shooting with the iron sights its not as clear of a sight picture 👀, the red dot really helped with that (y)🎯. If I was more computer savvy I'd post a picture:unsure:.