N/A ??????????? P-rod or 1701

I have a P rod that has a drop-down bottle conversion on it and regulated and it's set up as a carbine for my son but to be honest not impressed with the accuracy. I've tried all types and weights and it is sub 20 no matter what the pellet but too many flyers. The barrels been thoroughly cleaned and let it in and just not impressed. it's fine for plinker and close pesting but that's about it. I got it for him to use somewhat in field target but too many flyers. I won't own another one
Did you try the H&N Field Target Trophy in 5.53 - 5.54. The 5.53 made all the difference with my p rod ( same set up as yours done by Airgun Revisions )

Did you try the H&N Field Target Trophy in 5.53 - 5.54. The 5.53 made all the difference with my p rod ( same set up as yours done by Airgun Revisions )
You know that's funny I was just talking to Derrick Wall and he said you need to try the H&N field target trophies 14.66 he said they always shot in his rod so I got to order some.

Reactions: Kowalski
Thanks good info . to me the p-rod is LARGE not really a pistol , but then like you say built well . @ 79+ i shoot mostly rested and most of the time i would shoot both guns rested .
I am 79 as well.
If you are familiar with the Thompson/Center Contender and Encore, as pistols they are shot using the taco hold.
With the offhand holding the forearm and the strong hand holding the grip and trigger.
Push with the strong hand and pull back with the offhand.
As I posted I have owned them all.
My current PRod will outshoot the 1701, 1720 all day long.
It really enjoys Crosman Premiers as they were designed for the Marauder pistol.

IMG_2519.jpeg

Reactions: longdog
yes and then there is the RAW tm1000 pistol , again large > which is on my mind for a long time .
The RAW tm1000 FT pistol seems an odd choice if you are considering a PRod or 1701. Of course, I'm odd too! I'm 77 so maybe odd goes with age. I have attached a picture of my RAW tm1000 FT pistol, 1701 converted to a 1720 with all Crosman parts (blue grip), and 1701 with 12" LW barrel. The 1701/1720 conversion is the same form factor as the PRod for comparison. The 1701 is the best of the three as a "traditional" pistol that I can still shot free hand.

I wonder if the crossman shake up will effect my getting a LW barrel ?
Try Crosman tomorrow. The part number is 1720‐017 and the description is BARREL, 12" MATCH 177 CAL. If they don't have it give Rich at Airgun Revisions a call. He is an authorized dealer/service center that may have them in stock. I have had Rich do work for me in the past and he is a great person to deal with.

The 1720 is stupid accurate even out to 50yds. The Prod is also pretty accurate even out to 50yds. Ive never shot a 1701 so cant say. I love both my other two and wouldnt change them. Each can be highly modified in one way or another. Or start from the ground up and build your own, also like I did with a 2240 variant.

Reactions: beerthief
The 1720 is stupid accurate even out to 50yds. The Prod is also pretty accurate even out to 50yds. Ive never shot a 1701 so cant say. I love both my other two and wouldnt change them. Each can be highly modified in one way or another. Or start from the ground up and build your own, also like I did with a 2240 variant.
Stupidly i did not buy both at the NY show , (for less than $500 for both) should have , but didn't have this urge to have one at the time .

the price difference is close to $1000,get the Brocock if that is not a problem,it won't be much more accurate than the 1701 or 1720 until after 25or more yards; but it can shoot much farther more accurately and probably more fun.Butt if your shooting less than25 yards you get the Brocock because you are an addict,(y):ROFLMAO:oh it is a repeater also,yep then there is the RAW pistol,it never ends :love:
:ROFLMAO:(y)