N/A ??????????? P-rod or 1701

The 1701 (if new) comes with two different TP. One gets a bunch of shots at around 500fps.
Single shot. The pressure gauge sticks out from the receiver and is not protected.
The PRod is more robust and is magazine fed.
I have had them all.
The PRod is my only PCP.
Thanks good info . to me the p-rod is LARGE not really a pistol , but then like you say built well . @ 79+ i shoot mostly rested and most of the time i would shoot both guns rested .

I have a P rod that has a drop-down bottle conversion on it and regulated and it's set up as a carbine for my son but to be honest not impressed with the accuracy. I've tried all types and weights and it is sub 20 no matter what the pellet but too many flyers. The barrels been thoroughly cleaned and let it in and just not impressed. it's fine for plinker and close pesting but that's about it. I got it for him to use somewhat in field target but too many flyers. I won't own another one

I have a P rod that has a drop-down bottle conversion on it and regulated and it's set up as a carbine for my son but to be honest not impressed with the accuracy. I've tried all types and weights and it is sub 20 no matter what the pellet but too many flyers. The barrels been thoroughly cleaned and let it in and just not impressed. it's fine for plinker and close pesting but that's about it. I got it for him to use somewhat in field target but too many flyers. I won't own another one

Although I've not had flier issues with my P-Rod, no surprise that any individual specimen of any airgun (model) has a mind of its own. My P-Rod pistol averages 1" groups at 50 yards regular as clock-work from bench-rest. These three, 35 yard, five-shot groups were from sitting in a brush blind, shooting off a bipod with a 2-7X pistol scope.

P Rod target.jpg

Sounds like a rabbit hole to me! Maybe get a new barrel? Breech upgrade? I am sure there is a fix available.

I have both,the 1701 is great the way it is,it is more accurate than the Prod.The Prod is accurate and a repeater plus .22.I have 4 Prods,because I love them,2pistols and two carbine type.....the 1701 is bone stock.....I love it also....Prod more fun,1701 ,just shot it and try to hole in hole at 25yards,it is that good, And let me say this 1701 are very hard to get, Prods are easier,so get the 1701 now,a Prod later,you will love both,um was that a run-on sentence.

I’m just finishing up my P-Rod build, it’s amazing what’s out there for these and the Crosman variants, needs a nice scope, it’s just a Amazon £50 special on there at the mo…

View attachment 500149

I might jump down P-Rod rabbit hole this winter. Looks like there are so many ways to mod them. I have also been looking at the finished product from AR. Looks timeless.

Reactions: AJ_Roberts
All of mine seem to try to be rifles.

the 1720 and 1701 are my favorite. The Prod barrel had to go so I fit a Mrod Walther to it. Set up to run JTS 18.8 wadcutters just under 700fps.

I have worked on the stock barrel and removed a burr at the port. I need to fix the leade, it mauls the pellet when chambered. I have a second Prod that shoots exactly the same. And mauls the pellet the same. All my Walther, 177 or 22, chamber easily and do not damage the pellet.

I upped the power on the 1701 by drilling the tp to exactly between the 1701 and 1720. That puts a 7.5 gr just under 600 for 25 or so shots.
I put the Prod shroud on and am making a set of baffles that are cone top like an Mrod instead of flat. If that works it won’t need the mod.

if you are just shooting paper. I would go 1701 every time.

IMG_3247.jpeg

IMG_3248.jpeg

IMG_3227.jpeg

Last edited: