P17 10 Meter and 50 Feet with AA Field 8.4 and QYS 8.18

I have been having a blast with my inexpensive .177 air pistol. I have an inexpensive red dot on it as I wear trifocals and can't really shoot open sights. I was shooting 2 handed off hand today. So for the real shooters here this does not count.

First the QYS 8.18 grain at 10 meters. I have wanted the box the QYS come in for a while, but didn't really know if I would like the pellet. I ordered some and took them out to try in the P17. Our range uses 10 meter unsupported hangers. I should have used a backing board of some type. It was foggy and damp after a couple days rain. The targets had been left out in the truck so even though I shot indoors the damp weather had dampened the targets a bit. I was not going for score but groups so I was OK with this set up. The 4 targets, for me, show great results. The dimensions of these targets are the same as 10 meter air pistol, but have just the 7 to bull rings. I am too lazy to walk down and switch targets if I do not have to do so. The sights are on the P17 are set for AA Fields in 8.4 grains so the POI is not correct for the QYS wadcutter 8.18's. It is close but not exact. The four targets have 5 shot groups which are very nice for me.

I then moved out to 50 feet (16.6 yards) and shot 10 pellets into a B-2 target. I scored it using best edge with a crossman pellet for a .177 plug. It was a 90/100 for the 10 shots. "All in the black." I am pretty happy with this as well.

The P17 continues to be great fun.

20221101_103303[1].jpg20221101_103318[1].jpg

I have been having a blast with my inexpensive .177 air pistol. I have an inexpensive red dot on it as I wear trifocals and can't really shoot open sights. I was shooting 2 handed off hand today. So for the real shooters here this does not count.

First the QYS 8.18 grain at 10 meters. I have wanted the box the QYS come in for a while, but didn't really know if I would like the pellet. I ordered some and took them out to try in the P17. Our range uses 10 meter unsupported hangers. I should have used a backing board of some type. It was foggy and damp after a couple days rain. The targets had been left out in the truck so even though I shot indoors the damp weather had dampened the targets a bit. I was not going for score but groups so I was OK with this set up. The 4 targets, for me, show great results. The dimensions of these targets are the same as 10 meter air pistol, but have just the 7 to bull rings. I am too lazy to walk down and switch targets if I do not have to do so. The sights are on the P17 are set for AA Fields in 8.4 grains so the POI is not correct for the QYS wadcutter 8.18's. It is close but not exact. The four targets have 5 shot groups which are very nice for me.

I then moved out to 50 feet (16.6 yards) and shot 10 pellets into a B-2 target. I scored it using best edge with a crossman pellet for a .177 plug. It was a 90/100 for the 10 shots. "All in the black." I am pretty happy with this as well.

The P17 continues to be great fun.

View attachment 302071View attachment 302072
Lol, real pistle shooters,,, that's good shooting...

Reactions: drpietrzak