P17 10yard-Slug Test Thread

Yea you read that right!!🤷‍♂️🤣
Was out plinking and had the p17 with me. Got it sighted in for 10.5grs with the benjamin hollowpoints and then slapped a can at 10 yards. I stopped and remembered the other thread about unconventional p17 testing, so this is like an off shoot, just more specific to slugs being used.
So I reached into the slug pile bag...
Guess I'm using ZANs(10gr.)!🤗
(It's the first slug I grabbed bc it was on top of the pile😅)
They can lay waste to a can at 10 yards with these for sure!🤣
What a blast!!🤪🥳🎯🤣

My setup for the day on the p17🥴🤪🤙

Screenshot_20230515_172821_Gallery.jpg

Nice!🤪🤙I didn't think to paper punch with them🤔🥴was mainly seeing if the p17 would still push the slug enough to go through a can. Would be the perfect rat setup for that distance (just a matter of finding the tighest grouping slug it likes) 🤪🤙

This was a quick 10 yards off hand standing. The 10 ring is 1 inch and x is 1/2 inch. It would do fine with a little care.

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
This thread reminds me of a hunting-show TV dude that took a black bear with one well-placed shot from his blow-gun. Made a perfect heart shot at spitting distance with a little broad-head equipped dart. The bear succumbed on camera, making it less than 50 yards.

Y'all should do some bear hunting with your P17s.:oops:

But you ain't real men unless you go GRIZ!:ROFLMAO:

This thread reminds me of a hunting-show TV dude that took a black bear with one well-placed shot from his blow-gun. Made a perfect heart shot at spitting distance with a little broad-head equipped dart. The bear succumbed on camera, making it less than 50 yards.

Y'all should do some bear hunting with your P17s.:oops:

But you ain't real men unless you go GRIZ!:ROFLMAO:

I am more Red Skelton than Red Dawn. 🤪

Oh Mr Toasty!

You’ve beat me on my latest experiment! Well, I’m sure several people have tried this before anyways.

In my case, I’ve been working on Zan 10 grain slugs out to 40y from a modified 1701P at 9fpe. I’m not quite ready to post because I’m waiting on a rail adapter to shoot the official group using a Spitfire 5x prism. However, it’s looking great in terms of accuracy and there’s one dead nutter that felt its wrath from 44 yards. One caveat (well, maybe two): It’s not super quiet (neighbors would likely notice repeated use) and I can’t bring myself to call it a pistol if it’s wearing a scope. I wouldn’t go so far as to insist on iron sights but I think that I will eventually use them with it toned down to 5fpe for 10M indoor fun in winter. Anyway - nice job. I appreciate a fellow mad scientist! Here’s a little pic of my silo, currently with a red dot, torturous for my astigmatic eye!

C500DED1-F01E-480C-9ACE-9FC6FD73E766.jpeg

Oh Mr Toasty!

You’ve beat me on my latest experiment! Well, I’m sure several people have tried this before anyways.

In my case, I’ve been working on Zan 10 grain slugs out to 40y from a modified 1701P at 9fpe. I’m not quite ready to post because I’m waiting on a rail adapter to shoot the official group using a Spitfire 5x prism. However, it’s looking great in terms of accuracy and there’s one dead nutter that felt its wrath from 44 yards. One caveat (well, maybe two): It’s not super quiet (neighbors would likely notice repeated use) and I can’t bring myself to call it a pistol if it’s wearing a scope. I wouldn’t go so far as to insist on iron sights but I think that I will eventually use them with it toned down to 5fpe for 10M indoor fun in winter. Anyway - nice job. I appreciate a fellow mad scientist! Here’s a little pic of my silo, currently with a red dot, torturous for my astigmatic eye!

View attachment 357167
Love it!!🤗🤗
I just realized I need a .177 pcp pistol and a .22 pcp rifle for my collection 🤔🤣🤪🤙👀🫨