FX Panthera compact liner 1:28

Quito

May 29, 2024
Hi,

I received my 177 500mm STX superior barrel kit from Europeairguns today and have been battling to get it to shoot properly. I gave up after a day and contacted them.
they where very helpful and we found out that FX has put a liner in the set (which came assembled) with a twist rate of 1:28.
No wonder It was shooting all over the place using 13g zan slugs.

I know mistakes happen but still….
Already had several issues with my panthera and wonder if I should get something else like a Ghost..

Hi,

I received my 177 500mm STX superior barrel kit from Europeairguns today and have been battling to get it to shoot properly. I gave up after a day and contacted them.
they where very helpful and we found out that FX has put a liner in the set (which came assembled) with a twist rate of 1:28.
No wonder It was shooting all over the place using 13g zan slugs.

I know mistakes happen but still….
Already had several issues with my panthera and wonder if I should get something else like a Ghost..
At this point, yes. Unless the liner is the same as the Impacts and you can fit an impact one instead.

Reactions: Quito
I thought FX stated the compact would come with a pellet liner? If thats the case then they didnt make a mistake its suppose to be a slower twist.

EDIT: I just checked the FX site. The description for the compact hunter is that it comes setup for pellets. I also checked the panthera description and the 500mm also comes with a pellet liner. Sounds like you got exactly what FX said you would get. The 600mmand longer versions come with slug liners the rest are pellet liners.

At this point, yes. Unless the liner is the same as the Impacts and you can fit an impact one instead.
The liners are the same.

I thought FX stated the compact would come with a pellet liner? If thats the case then they didnt make a mistake its suppose to be a slower twist.

EDIT: I just checked the FX site. The description for the compact hunter is that it comes setup for pellets. I also checked the panthera description and the 500mm also comes with a pellet liner. Sounds like you got exactly what FX said you would get. The 600mmand longer versions come with slug liners the rest are pellet liners.

The liners are the same.
Yeah, that's not right though. He stated he got a 1:28 twist liner. FX and Palm Beach Airguns states all pellet liners in .177 are 1:18 twist.

Post in thread 'FX STX Superior Liner Twist Rate?' https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/fx-stx-superior-liner-twist-rate.701893/post-702250

Yeah, that's not right though. He stated he got a 1:28 twist liner. FX and Palm Beach Airguns states all pellet liners in .177 are 1:18 twist.

Post in thread 'FX STX Superior Liner Twist Rate?' https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/fx-stx-superior-liner-twist-rate.701893/post-702250

That’s exactly what I ordered in the kit. The 1:18 that is meant for pellets and light slugs

That’s exactly what I ordered in the kit. The 1:18 that is meant for pellets and light slugs
Yeah, so they SHOULD replace it for you. I believe 1:28 twist liners are pre stx liners. Idk how you even got one of those. Btw you can shoot up to 16gr slugs effectively with the pellet liner, they will shoot better with the 1:16 twist. Personally I would stay 14.5gr and under depesing on the length of the slug. With my 500mm barrel I've managed to hit a golf ball 3 consecutive times at 125yds in 7mph winds with the 13.43gr KO going 915fps

Reactions: Quito

The liners are the same.
My compact hunter came with a 300mm 1:18 twist liner

E0D24392-1CEB-46E1-BD3C-F6D7E51806D9.jpeg

One thing that is a fact is the twist rate and different types and style of liners has always been a mess. From all the reports thru the years they never pulled old stock from vendors even when liners and twist rate options were dropped the vendors still had them in stock and sold them after FX reports the new twist rates or liner style. To make it even worse vendors like UA cant even tell you what you were sent in a kit. I bought a slug barrel kit in .25 from UA about 3 months ago. I messaged them and asked if it was coming with the new 1:16 twist or the old now discontinued twist for the kit of 1:18. They couldnt answer the question and I was told you will have to pull the liner to find out.

I also see now that you ordered a kit not a full rifle. So even if the 1:28 was correct for the rifle the fact you ordered the kit as a 1:18 and got the 1:28 is a big mistake on their end.

My compact hunter came with a 300mm 1:18 twist liner

View attachment 485001
Your hunter compact came with the right barrel and twist rate, but they sent you a 1:28 pellet barrel? Did you strictly ask for a pellet only barrel? Or a pellet barrel that CAN shoot slugs?

I'm only asking this because they could try to pull a fast one on you depending on what you said.