• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Panthera puff of air

Hello. I have a question about the the fx panthera more specifically the little hole on the right side of the gun next to the action I've had this Gun for a while now and I just switched the reg out to a huma regulator and when I gassed it back up and took a few dry fires I noticed a pretty decent puff of air coming out of that little hole so I don't know if it's just me or if I have a blown oring so any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Here is a picture for reference
Screenshot_20240421_182546_Google~2.jpg

Where did you buy the new spare valve from?

I believe I bent mine, because I mistakenly dry fired and now all the air leaks through the barrel.

Also, i have heard the new v2 valve released by fx is thicker/better? I believe my bent valve is the v1 as i have never changed the valve and i bought the panthera on december 2023.

should i also change my regulator for the Huma reg? ive seen many upgrade to it. what is the diference/purpose and advantage on the Huma?
I called up fx and bought a couple there like 23.00 dollars for one

Where did you buy the new spare valve from?

I believe I bent mine, because I mistakenly dry fired and now all the air leaks through the barrel.

Also, i have heard the new v2 valve released by fx is thicker/better? I believe my bent valve is the v1 as i have never changed the valve and i bought the panthera on december 2023.

should i also change my regulator for the Huma reg? ive seen many upgrade to it. what is the diference/purpose and advantage on the Huma?
I doubt it is bent there is nothing to hit in the front of the drs they where bending them on the panthera because some of the holes in the block in front of the valve weren't deep enough mine hasn't bent and I'm down to .090 and using a tungsten 22 grain hammer now

I doubt it is bent there is nothing to hit in the front of the drs they where bending them on the panthera because some of the holes in the block in front of the valve weren't deep enough mine hasn't bent and I'm down to .090 and using a tungsten 22 grain hammer now
i also own the panthera. Not the drs, and yes i have heard and read that tha hole on the block for the valve is not deep enough.
should i also machine this hole? Mine bent after dry firing once or twice

i also own the panthera. Not the drs, and yes i have heard and read that tha hole on the block for the valve is not deep enough.
should i also machine this hole? Mine bent after dry firing once or twice
I guess everyone that I've replaced a o ring in 3 of them I did drill all 3 deeper into the other hole I went with it

Not only did I drill mine deeper, I added a rubber stop.
Sorry for a few questions I am just going through the motions of trying to find a slow leak through the barrel (haven't yet established if it is through or around the liner) on a new panthera. I was convinced it would be a bent valve but appears to be the V2 and straight as an arrow.

Is this the actual block you guys are drilling i.e. in behind the valve when removed, or reading some other threads its the block in front of the valve, the one which holds the forend?
What depth should this be, I am intrigued to know if FX fixed it on later models, even if in my case it seems it must be something else.

Last edited:
I drilled the forend block in front of the valve. I don't remember the depth, it was deep enough to add a piece of rubber so the valve can bottom out on. Even though your valve is not bent, you most likely have torn up valve seals, valve seat knocked out of position etc.

Another o-ring I would check is B55, this seats in the block and seals the outside of the valve body.

1000006558.jpg

Reactions: insertusernamehere
I drilled the forend block in front of the valve. I don't remember the depth, it was deep enough to add a piece of rubber so the valve can bottom out on. Even though your valve is not bent, you most likely have torn up valve seals, valve seat knocked out of position etc.

Another o-ring I would check is B55, this seats in the block and seals the outside of the valve body.
Thank you, I appreciate the response, I suspect it's been sat on the shelf with the retailer for a while, leaking about 1-2bar an hour.

I also subsequently found this video which is absolutely superb in explaining where every o-ring is and where the leak shows up when that ring fails. hopefully the link takes you to the right timestamp!

Reactions: tibor

View attachment 477221
My foreend block in front of the valve, where the rubber stopper you installed would be, is drilled all the way through to the screw. Upon disassembly and inspection, I realized the valve hit the screw, bending itself and damaging the screw threads.

Do I have a newer model or something? In all the videos and posts I’ve seen, the foreend block is not drilled all the way through, exposing the screw.

My foreend block in front of the valve, where the rubber stopper you installed would be, is drilled all the way through to the screw. Upon disassembly and inspection, I realized the valve hit the screw, bending itself and damaging the screw threads.

Do I have a newer model or something? In all the videos and posts I’ve seen, the foreend block is not drilled all the way through, exposing the screw.
I have this on my King and it's not a through hole.
1000006559.png

Reactions: Billions
Im wondering if there is anyone who has had the same problems as me and if they managed to keep the 700mm panthera or if they sold or return it for a refund... Anyone with a working panthera?
Mine is a 218***** serial with a 2022 bottle and my block is drilled through to the vertical screw hole
Plenty of people out there shooting them, the valve for me in the UK at least was easy enough to get hold of, mine is not bent but I wanted a new spare V2
IMG_8583.jpeg

Reactions: Billions