Pard NV008SP2 LRF (New version of NV008S scope)

Pard has released another iteration of the NV008 in the files of the NV008SP2. Other than a higher resolution sensor, I can't tell what else has been improved. Comparing it to the NV008S, it seems a little heavier. Here is the NV008SP2 LRF. It appears to only come with a 70mm lens. It's priced at $799 as of July 19, 2024 (purchase here https://pard.com/store/nv008sp2-night-vision-rifle-scope/).

NV008SP2 Specs

https://pard.com/nv008sp2/

You can compare specs to the NV008S

Anyone notice any other improvements?

Not much information out about this and no reviews yet. I had high hopes for it but I don't think much has changed from earlier versions.
Upgraded sensor and incremental zoom.
70mm:6.5/8.1/9.7/11.3/13
50mm:4.5/5.6/6.7/7.8/9
Looks like it does come in a 50mm version too.
I messaged them and asked if it will centre the reticle after zeroing like the ds. The response was it will need to be shimmed to centre it. Seems like a missed opportunity, plenty of customers had issue with that. They obviously haven't taken any consumer input into account with the new model.

Not much information out about this and no reviews yet. I had high hopes for it but I don't think much has changed from earlier versions.
Upgraded sensor and incremental zoom.
70mm:6.5/8.1/9.7/11.3/13
50mm:4.5/5.6/6.7/7.8/9

Looks like it does come in a 50mm version too.
I messaged them and asked if it will centre the reticle after zeroing like the ds. The response was it will need to be shimmed to centre it. Seems like a missed opportunity, plenty of customers had issue with that. They obviously haven't taken any consumer input into account with the new model.
@Wilko76 Incremental zoom is a nice upgrade. I hadn’t caught that. The inability to digitally center the reticle after zeroing is especially disappointing. It would be nice if customers had an explanation for why this issue has not been corrected on the NV008 platform.

so i was just looking into night vision and u was looking to pull the trigger on nv008sp2 but how does one go about shimmiming rhe scope?they also have this clip on with the lrf. any input on this one?? see included screen shot

Screenshot_20240724_091101_Chrome.jpg

so i was just looking into night vision and u was looking to pull the trigger on nv008sp2 but how does one go about shimmiming rhe scope?they also have this clip on with the lrf. any input on this one?? see included screen shot

View attachment 482424

@TonyP Two shims came with my NV008s. I made more. There are links to a thread and a video discussing this very topic within the “All Things Pard Master Thread.” https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...-vision-thermal-optics-master-thread.1290790/

Reactions: TonyP
@Ezana4CE, Totally agree with you mate. I'm no expert on how it all works, but looking at the pixels of the sensor 2688*1520 vs the pixels on the display 1440*1080, you would reckon they would have plenty of play to recenter the crosshairs on the screen a bit. I haven't owned any of the previous 008's before. Keen to step up from the 007v and 007sp. I was hoping the sp2 was going to convince me to get one. I think it would annoy the crap out of me if I had to look at off centre crosshairs.
Hopfully someone can explain why they can't easily do it.
Beside this issue, they do look like a decent unit. Would love to see it compared to the Zulus.

@Wilko76 The Arken Zulus seems like good competition for Pard. I’d like to see the Hikmicro, but for some reason I haven’t found anyone selling them in the USA. Hopefully Pard’s updates and upgrades become more uniform across platforms. To see some sort of standardization of upgraded features would be great to see. Now that we have threads across multiple forums discussing their offerings they should know what their customers value and are looking for.

@Ezana4CE - I happen to have the Hikmicro 4k LRF and will take some pictures and post - I'll make a new post to separate. The short story is that it has moved to the top of my digital scope list... and I have both Zulus and PARDs.
@Pfddi I’d forgotten that you said you were getting one. I look forward to your thread on it.