PCP compressor water seperators

Also, be sure it runs in a vertical position with air entering at the bottom. Not a bad idea to add a drain valve at the bottom and crack it open every couple of minutes to drain liquefied water. And, normally a molecular sieve has a PMV (pressure maintaining valve) on the discharge side that is set somewhere between 1700-2200psi. The purpose of it to cause a dwell time for the air to be dried. The one pictured is made by Aqua Environment, a big supplier to the scuba industry.

6FC37A26-40CD-471C-9F77-055617AD4BE3.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve got the same one MikeBeggs linked to. Mine will be saturated in about 5 times of use. I have since installed one of these filters (linked below) before the desiccant filter and now it traps all water and the desiccant filter has remained dry for the last two years.

Reactions: orangeokie
Ign,
Here's my humid Florida garage set-up. Started with the three filter (black,gold,blue) program but noticed cotton insert in black YH filter was soaked after use. Installed the copper-colored coalescing filter, mentioned by igolfat8, black filter cotton insert has been clean and dry since. WMView attachment 307320
How did you connect the whip from the orange one to the black one did you use some adapter.

Ign,
Here's my humid Florida garage set-up. Started with the three filter (black,gold,blue) program but noticed cotton insert in black YH filter was soaked after use. Installed the copper-colored coalescing filter, mentioned by igolfat8, black filter cotton insert has been clean and dry since. WMView attachment 307320
What is that gold filter I cant seem to find it Im in washington and it rains like crazy Im about to buy a yong and Ive been doing research into it, AIR VELOCITY SPORT uses just the copper one an is happy with that I see you went all out ant used the one that comes with the yong and a gold one an a blue one I have a blue one already I been using for handpumping it was never upright, I see folks saying its useless or has almost no effect I dont know is that really true? its packed tight with molecular sieve. But anyway I was wondering aswell where you got that gold one.

Ohh Im talkin about the gold one, I see that one for 155 plus 15 tax so 170, Im waiting for the same exact one with same exact stuff from another seller for around 120 dollars 12 tax so 133. Good 37 dollar saving on my part, That said I did find the gold one the https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LL1DXZ4/ref=twister_B08LL1GGSV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1.

What is that gold filter I cant seem to find it Im in washington and it rains like crazy Im about to buy a yong and Ive been doing research into it, AIR VELOCITY SPORT uses just the copper one an is happy with that I see you went all out ant used the one that comes with the yong and a gold one an a blue one I have a blue one already I been using for handpumping it was never upright, I see folks saying its useless or has almost no effect I dont know is that really true? its packed tight with molecular sieve. But anyway I was wondering aswell where you got that gold one.
Here's Owner's Manual
IMG_20221022_234748.jpg
cover for M50 gold filter, match it to find same on eBay. Activated charcoal isn't really needed, guess a better insert would be all drying beads but system, as pictured, delivers clean, dry air so I use as is. My blue filter, leftover from handpumping, has cotton "tampon" style insert, might not help but doesn't hurt, would be wasted sitting in drawer. Look at the black YH filter as a "canary in the coal mine," if cotton insert is wet, I need to find problem. So far, after purchasing orange filter, only light stain, no moisture. WM

Ohh Im talkin about the gold one, I see that one for 155 plus 15 tax so 170, Im waiting for the same exact one with same exact stuff from another seller for around 120 dollars 12 tax so 133. Good 37 dollar saving on my part, That said I did find the gold one the https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LL1DXZ4/ref=twister_B08LL1GGSV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1.
Don’t waste your money on that one. It’s not nearly as effective at removing water as the one I linked and also the one you linked on eBay. That’s the one you want. The molecular seive filters aren’t effective at removing water.

Here's Owner's ManualView attachment 351289 cover for M50 gold filter, match it to find same on eBay. Activated charcoal isn't really needed, guess a better insert would be all drying beads but system, as pictured, delivers clean, dry air so I use as is. My blue filter, leftover from handpumping, has cotton "tampon" style insert, might not help but doesn't hurt, would be wasted sitting in drawer. Look at the black YH filter as a "canary in the coal mine," if cotton insert is wet, I need to find problem. So far, after purchasing orange filter, only light stain, no moisture. WM
Im about to buy a yong but im in this little delema, So at first I figured Id settle for molecular sieve its good price 70 dollars on amazon for the tuxing with molecular sieve https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q221JFX/ref=ewc_pr_img_2?smid=A39CP3T8JONR46&psc=1, But I seen some people talking about the copper colored one an how effective it is, an a AVS also had good things to say about it an was very pleased with it, But it runs 135 extra dollars double what the molecular sieve setup will cost is it worth it at the moment, I dont know I might want a setup like yours I just need the copper an the gold one as I already got the blue one, What do you think should I opt for just the gold one like yours or the branded tuxing gold one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q221JFX/ref=ewc_pr_img_2?smid=A39CP3T8JONR46&psc=1., .