• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other PCP Filling using the small bottles.

I have a newbie PCP question. I have been using a hand pump for pcp.

Can I use one of those smaller air tanks with a regulator to fill my PCP Air rifle? They look like they attach directly to a paintball gun.

If possible, I'd like to fill one of those with my manual pump and carry out into the field with me to refill my rifle.

If I can use one of these rated 3000 psi how many fills can i get on my 3000 PSI Icon or chief 2 plus? Thanks! Screenshot 2023-12-19 235351.png

The phrase "standard regulator" on a paintball bottle implies it has an output pressure of 800psi or so, meaning it would not be suitable for filling a 3000psi airgun. But even without that limitation, a 3000psi bottle is not a good choice for filling a 3000psi gun because the bottle pressure will begin dropping immediately as soon as you begin topping off the rifle...meaning it would not provide even a single fill to 3000psi.

You would want something like a 4500psi bottle for the job. Or if you wanted to retune your gun for a bell curve in the range of, say, 2200psi down to 1600psi or so, a 3000psi bottle would begin to have some utility.