Other PCP for kids and adults wanting to compete

Marauders and avengers come to mind. Airicuda, umarex Oregon, gamo urban.

All of these are under $500, some well under, and all can be had with synthetic stocks for durability. Tried and true guns, been on the market for awhile. The Airicuda is the only one out of those that's newer but still has tons of info on them.

Reactions: Gerry52
I have an original Avenger and I would be a bit leery about "loaner" type use based mainly on the thin plastic stock and the plastic used in the shroud support. I am not sure it would stand up to abuse. An Avenge X should be better and would still be in the price range.

My favorites are the SPA P35 which is almost identical to the Stoeger bullshark. The P35 is a pound lighter which might be helpful for kids. It's only 5 lbs. The Stoeger is 6 but that is still pretty light. All three of my P35s are accurate with the 22 the best. These rifles have plastic stocks but they are much thicker and I think they would easily withstand a reasonable level of abuse. The action is all metal. They are under $500. They are bullpups so pretty short.

Reactions: SilentSquirrel
This is pretty much the standard for Jr comps, ROTC, high schools, on up through adult

Very adjustable for LOP, stupid shot count per fill, not very picky on ammo, quiet, good support for service if needed,and cheap .. pretty much checks all the boxes
Thanks for the link. Have a neighbor wanting one for the youngins to learn on. Great public price, I will be pestering him tomorrow.

John