PCP Hand Pump Sprays Water

Hi,
I recently bought my first PCP air rifle. I also bought one of those cheap Chinese pumps off of Ebay, as most people had good things to say about them and it was at least $150 cheaper than buying a Benjamin pump. When I disconnected it after the third use, I noticed the connector was wet. The pump sprays a small but noticeable amount of water vapor when I use it without connecting the gun. The pump is rated at 6000 psi. I know that compressing air creates water, but I don't want to lose the gun because I assumed it was normal.

Is my gun's tank full of water now?

Thanks

Solution
Ok, but is this normal? Should I be worried about it?
yes normal for any pump to produce moisture . did your pump come with a filter ? it not Amazon has them very inexpensive . Just one of the little ones about 1 inch in diameter and 3 inches long , usually blue color . do not be tempted to get a large one , remember YOU have to pump it up everytime you purge the pump .
Grab a small oil/water filter off amazon. I put mine on the out air port of the pump. The little cigarette filter side goes toward the pump and then I fill with dessicant and then a bunch of the small foam filters on the other side to keep the dessicant from plugging the air hole. Attach the hose to the filter. The cheap pump should have a small cigarette filter at the foster quick connect. Ain't no way water is getting past all that. I just changed out a 220cc bottle on my RTI Prophet to a 480cc Fx bottle. Just about aired up to 250 bar. Piece of cake pumping it back up. If the pump tube feels warm, stop and let it cool down. Key is to do slow steady strokes with a pause at the top and bottom. You will keep the pump cooler and can go for longer sessions without breaks.

Ok, but is this normal? Should I be worried about it?
yes normal for any pump to produce moisture . did your pump come with a filter ? it not Amazon has them very inexpensive . Just one of the little ones about 1 inch in diameter and 3 inches long , usually blue color . do not be tempted to get a large one , remember YOU have to pump it up everytime you purge the pump .

Solution
OH another thing , there is no law saying you have to shoot your gun down to empty ,. with a hand pump it is lots easier to top it off after say 1/3 of available shots shots . (if you have 40 shots from a full charge then only shoot 15 or 20 and top off . Shorter pump time means less heat so less H2O .

OH another thing , there is no law saying you have to shoot your gun down to empty ,. with a hand pump it is lots easier to top it off after say 1/3 of available shots shots . (if you have 40 shots from a full charge then only shoot 15 or 20 and top off . Shorter pump time means less heat so less H2O .
Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I fill it to 2750 psi and then shoot it down to 2000 before I refill it. I've also heard that having it unpressurized can harm the seals.

Reactions: MrP