PCP hand pumps ... Other usage?

Looking at pcp hand pumps , compressor and there over view pictures are funny at times .

Like hooked up to a springer or pump shotgun . Or something off the wall .

Anyway. What other use have you used your hand pump or compressor for ?

Like airing up you car tires , paint gun, raft, .

I am curious on how it would air up a full sized car tire like a 16 or 18 inch ford f250 or 3/4 ton truck tire . Like 2 pumps from a 4500 psi pump ?

If you got a experience thin on some outside the box use let's hear it ..lol

I'm afraid you would be very disappointed trying to fill a tire from a PCP hand pump. They are very low volume/high pressure. It would take a loooooong time to pump up a tire.

They are good for adjusting gas rams like the Theoben and Hatsan adjustable rams. Also great for bicycle air suspension and HPA paintball.

I'm afraid you would be very disappointed trying to fill a tire from a PCP hand pump. They are very low volume/high pressure. It would take a loooooong time to pump up a tire.

They are good for adjusting gas rams like the Theoben and Hatsan adjustable rams. Also great for bicycle air suspension and HPA paintball.
So.... I'm not going to excited even inflating a soccer ball? I'm sure that scuba tank would wear me out ..lol

excited .png

• Haha
Reactions: BABz58
Pcp handpump is made to be able to pump high pressure up to 3000-4500 psi. So the volume is very tiny. Sure you can use it to pump your car tires since it's only 30-40 psi. But the volume is so tiny it will take you 1000 or more pumps to fill 1 tire. A bike pump is your better option cause it can fill to 60-80 psi but have a high volume.

• Wow
Reactions: Hateful McNasty
You'd think some clown on woketube would of done something for kicks, but nope or I can't find a clown doing it to see for a view ..lol

You think someone

This high pressure pump is suitable for most PCP pistols, rifles and air guns, footballs, inflatable boats, cars, etc. And great for car tires, motorcycle tires, bicycle tires, inflatable kayaks, inflatable balls, etc. If it needs air, then you can inflate it!.

If I was a pcp guy id do it . I'd just have to know ..lol

Last edited:
There is a guy out there if I remember right that makes portable co2 tanks to fill tires for off roading if I remember correctly. Scba tank would be super high pressure and would have to be regulated down enough to fill a tire. Fill a tank then use it for tires or pneumatic air tools, just don't know how viable or dangerous it could be.

Allen

I use my first PCP tank (scuba tank - 3kpsi) as a portable, cordless compressor. I bought a reg, made for off-roaders, that regulates it down to 150 psi, or something around there - I recall that it's a little higher in pressure than a normal shop compressor, but not a lot. Great for filling tires, painting, running a nail gun, etc.

Hand pump? Not a chance! As @Lewis pointed out above - they are very low volume. You'll be pumping quite a while to inflate a ball or a tire. It should be easy pumping, but it's going to take much longer than say a regular bicycle pump would.

GsT

Yeah H.M., there are certainly better ways to get your kicks, this ain't one of them. I hand pumped my first Gauntlet, a little 13ci bottle, and that took over 10 minutes from empty! Not the fun I was looking for. A great backup, and a great way to break your back.
Ya, one guy in a review says d worked great for basketball one said lawn tractor tire. So got me to wondering if anybody here / pcp guy has used his for anything outside the pcp box ...lol

Them pumps has attachments in there kits like ball needles and tire stem thing or what have you so ...????

I am surprised some joker don't have a let's see what the pumps can do other then air up a gun vid .. lol

I would try stuff if I had one , but I'm no pcp guy . (Yet)

Reactions: PumaCarl
Now IF you were inventive you could attach several hand pumps together on a windmill and produce a faster fill rate . (Free air ! after you fill the gun up divided by the cost of pumps and parts and labor/time . But then you would still have time /labor in break downs adding to the cost so it would never be free Example is all the wind generation farms around the world .Proven fact they will never repay for the original investment .
I will stop here .

I use my first PCP tank (scuba tank - 3kpsi) as a portable, cordless compressor. I bought a reg, made for off-roaders, that regulates it down to 150 psi, or something around there - I recall that it's a little higher in pressure than a normal shop compressor, but not a lot. Great for filling tires, painting, running a nail gun, etc.
That's a great idea.