Taipan Pellets for Taipan Vet 2 700mm

Hi everyone I just ordered a Taipan Vet 2 700mm .22 from Talon tunes and should be getting it this thursday. I’m very Very exited. There is one thing though. I am new to PCP rifles AND have only had gamo .177 rifles and mostly shot walmart crossman premieres which they shot really good IMO. i don’t know much about ballistics or anything like that(also have never used slugs). What do you guys recommend me getting? Ive read that JSB redesigned work fairly well but theres 3 options. Shallow regular and deep skirt. I will shoot the pellets anywhere from 30yds-150 and will be mainly dove hunting.. What do you guys recommend getting to test out? It would be even better if somebody with a Taipan vet 2 with same barrel length chimed in. Thanks in advance.

Congratulations on the new rifle, I have a vet 1 in .22 with the CZUB barrel (I believe that is the same barrel you have coming just a bit shorter ) this is what recommend you start with both are absolutely lights out in my Vet the 21.53s hit a little harder with that flattened dome .
20240713_202943.jpg

I would also recommend studying up on cleaning and polishing your new barrel I wish I would have done this when I first got my rifles. There is some good info on that is the post .
Thread 'Barrel troubleshooting and accurizing guide' https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/barrel-troubleshooting-and-accurizing-guide.1307337/

have fun with the new rig.

Reactions: Jaeger83
Congratulations on picking an excellent PCP to start with. I've got a V2 tactical in standard length, purchased from TT. I would call or text Tony and ask him for recommendations. I've had excellent results doing that personally. Chances are that he can give you solid information on projectiles and can even set the rifle up for your shooting scenario.

Hi everyone I just ordered a Taipan Vet 2 700mm .22 from Talon tunes and should be getting it this thursday. I’m very Very exited. There is one thing though. I am new to PCP rifles AND have only had gamo .177 rifles and mostly shot walmart crossman premieres which they shot really good IMO. i don’t know much about ballistics or anything like that(also have never used slugs). What do you guys recommend me getting? Ive read that JSB redesigned work fairly well but theres 3 options. Shallow regular and deep skirt. I will shoot the pellets anywhere from 30yds-150 and will be mainly dove hunting.. What do you guys recommend getting to test out? It would be even better if somebody with a Taipan vet 2 with same barrel length chimed in. Thanks in advance.

I have a .22 Taipan Vet 2 with the 550mm barrel.

It depends a bit on your regulator pressure setting, but I’d suggest at least a 21g pellet to start with.

Taipan Vet 2 CZ barrels are unchoked, and seem to prefer somewhat higher velocity than typical (I have 15 PCPs to compare with).

So, try 21 and 25 grain .22 pellets at speeds from 895 to 925fps - I think you will find some nice results within those parameters.

I’ve also had good results with the JSB/FX/AA 18.13g - as it’s probably the best .22 pellet ever produced and has maintained accuracy in some of my RTI and Daystate rifles at speeds slightly exceeding 1,000fps. With my Taipan I shot the 18.13g at 900-930fps with excellent results.

-Ed