Crosman Pellets sticking in loading breech of Crossman 140

When I load both dome and wadcutter pellets, cannot close the breech cover. The pellets are hanging up on something preventing them from going into the barrel. Use to be no problem. One thing I did do right before the problem was put a butane torch to the rear sight so I could adjust it for windage. Did that cause a problem? If I pick the pellet up a bit with a tweezer, the pellets go into the barrel and the gun fires. Does not seem to be any loss in velocity. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Strange...

The barrel slides into the receiver on that rifle, I think. It sounds as if there's an alignment problem. You might try sliding a q-tip into the breech to feel if there's a point of added resistance, or a burr on the transfer port. Pushing a pellet through from the muzzle might tell you something as well. If nothing else, pulling the barrel and receiver off should show you where the problem is. A loose front receiver screw might also cause that problem.

Cheers,

J~

i would guess the pellets you are using you have been using so pellet problem maybe not
but what does the Crosman 2240 pistol have that this rifle is showing now as stated above the pellet hanging up on the breech screw
the simple fix has always been some black candle wax over the screw and that is what i would try black, white, green who cares
i small birthday candle and smooth out and test