Pigs Pigs Pigs

Was about to go to bed about 20 minutes ago now when my wife looked out the window. 25 or more pigs in my front yard. I quietly went out the back door with Marauder .25 with X-Sight 4K scope on it. I took aim on a small 70 or so pound pig (25 yards) just behind the ear and let fly. Pellets under IR lighting look like tracer rounds. I saw full contact on the spot I was aiming at. The pig ran into high grass in my front 75 acres. Looked a bit but did not find it. I am sure I'll find it in the early morning if the coyotes don't find it first. No video although I had the X-Sight on I am unskilled in it's functions in the dark and under stressful conditions. ;) Tomorrow the X-Sight is getting moved to my .257 Texan or larger so I can anchor the porkers on the spot.

Pigs are quite tuff and hard, I have seen pigs rise after a firearm shooting 308 and 338. I have a Marauder .25 and I have shoot (not with the marauder) a few wild bores. (big ones tho 200+ pounds) not sure the marauder will do the job (but @ 25y probably), IME (short one VERY) a good head hit will put it down right away, they can still go back up after that if was not good enough penetration. Good luck in the searching and the .257 will do the job probably! 

Wow...20 pigs in the yard! Sounds like you have a war on your hands. Wouldn’t take long for that many to wreck everything in the yard I’ll bet. I just read an article about them spreading like crazy in Canada, it said that a group of feral hogs was spotted near the Montana boarder. It also said that the females can breed as early as 7 months!! Good luck with the battle, hopefully you can post pictures of the victories. That .257 sure will hammer em!

2) T, if you haven't already done so, check your local game laws. If you already have, "never mind!"

??? I see nothing applicable to Feral Hogs in the Outdoor annual! They require no license. Taking by any means is allowed. They are a public menace as well as depredating my property / crops. They are destructive to Upland game bird populations. No issues with non recovery or wasting the meat since they are not game animals.