HW/Weihrauch Pistol scope??

I’m a fan of Hawke scopes but in the dark on the optics for pistols.
Is this a good match for an HW44
Thanks

I like and use Burris.I think it depends on what you are trying to do.I also like Hawke scopes, though I have not used that scope. What distance are you shooting? I think for fast pick-up shooting that may be a very good scope to use. With my Burris scopes, I use 5-7x and need support to shoot,the Hawke scopes are a better bet for offhand shooting though your Pistol is rather huge to use for that.

Reactions: Bandito
Do you shoot your pistol with arms stretched out like a normal pistol hold or are you shooting it closer to your eye like a field target guy? I ask because that Hawke scope has an eye relief of 4” making it much too short to shoot it with a conventional pistol hold. It’s an LPVO rifle scope, not a pistol scope.

I’m a fan of Hawke scopes but in the dark on the optics for pistols.
Is this a good match for an HW44
Thanks
Weihrauch actually makes a 2X pistol scope designed specifically for the HW44. Just a suggestion.

The HW44 was on back order but arriving this week.
I currently shoot my HW100 from a rest and from about 40 yards (what my property range can accommodate)
I’m guessing, do to the style of the pistol, Iwill be doing the same.
However, valid points are made regarding the shooting style. It makes more sense to wait and see.
Actually a red dot May ultimately be a better choice in the end.
thanks

Do you shoot your pistol with arms stretched out like a normal pistol hold or are you shooting it closer to your eye like a field target guy? I ask because that Hawke scope has an eye relief of 4” making it much too short to shoot it with a conventional pistol hold. It’s an LPVO rifle scope, not a pistol scope.
Since I picked up shooting airgun pistols I could never understand why people choose to shoot them as if they're bracing for recoil.

I mean I wish a could shoot my firearm handguns like airgun pistols

Since I picked up shooting airgun pistols I could never understand why people choose to shoot them as if they're bracing for recoil.

His comment has nothing to do with recoil. He’s talking about shooting style in terms of a scope.

thats a dot/scope hybrid, i have something similar, but pretty sure its not an actual pistol scope .. and do pay attention to 'real' eye relief if looking for an actual pistol scope .. a cheaper one, say 3-7, may be ok at 3 at extended arm distance but will have 1/2 the eye relief if magged up .. id say youll have to spend several hundred at least to get a 'good' actual pistol scope, but the scope you showed would probably be a good close action scope if your eyes work well with a dot ...

His comment has nothing to do with recoil. He’s talking about shooting style in terms of a scope.
Traditional pistol stance either weaver or Isosceles both use extended arms in order to absorb recoil and control muzzle flip.

None of my airgun pistols have recoil or muzzle flip to control, this don't require me to shoot them the same way as firearms, so I don't.

For me it’s not about bracing for recoil, although the Huben gk1 at full power does have a little muzzle flip. It’s about reinforcing and improving my shooting skills. The challenge of using a pistol scope compared to a rifle scope. I don’t shoot my firearms like a t-Rex holding a pistol so I don’t see a point in putting rifle scopes on a pistol. If I were shooting pistol field target it would be a different story.

Awesome buddy. I’ll pass on the invitation to the pissing match. How about contributing something pertinent to the OP.
My bad, didn't realize people were so touchy.
I almost didn't buy a GK1 because people were saying it had really bad muzzle flip/recoil.
When I shot it, I actually laughed.
No pissing match here buddy, just couldn't let anyone else on the fringe of buying one be put off by your comment without offering another opinion.
Jeez I offered actual OP input, they blew it off, and I simply replied to yours..
Lighten up, it's not that serious

My bad, didn't realize people were so touchy.
I almost didn't buy a GK1 because people were saying it had really bad muzzle flip/recoil.
When I shot it, I actually laughed.
No pissing match here buddy, just couldn't let anyone else on the fringe of buying one be put off by your comment without offering another opinion.
Jeez I offered actual OP input, they blew it off, and I simply replied to yours..
Lighten up, it's not that serious

IMG_0688.jpeg

For me it’s not about bracing for recoil, although the Huben gk1 at full power does have a little muzzle flip. It’s about reinforcing and improving my shooting skills. The challenge of using a pistol scope compared to a rifle scope. I don’t shoot my firearms like a t-Rex holding a pistol so I don’t see a point in putting rifle scopes on a pistol. If I were shooting pistol field target it would be a different story.
I totally agree with you. The pistol is supposed to arrive this week so I’ve been researching my options in advance.
Your point is well taken. Shooting with a scope from a rest would be exactly what I’m already doing with my HW100.
For that reason I ordered a red dot from Hawke.
The pistol experience shouldn’t be a rifle +1

Reactions: Pale_Rider
Aaah!
Just like the old days!
When you risked pissing someone off on AGN with every post you made.
Thank Michael for turning the attitudes around

Great photo of Gene Wilder
What movie?
🎶 If you want to know the answer
Simply google it and view it
Anything you want to know, do it
Want to know the world?
There’s nothing to it 🎶