HW/Weihrauch Pistol scope??

I would Never put a rifle scope on a pistol, Yes, using a pistol scope is hard, but in life, practice is what makes things better. Red dots can be easier to use,the thing with a pistol scope is you almost always need to use a brace of some kind because the magnification of the scope shows how badly you shake.
it is about target, sight picture, and smooth trigger pull on target ,all at the same time,it not easy to do,the Red Dot can help you shoot quicker freehand.
Air Soft or green gas replicas are just like the real thing.
The brain part= practicing a lot so it becomes automatic, every time you do something it causes a very smooth line in your brain ,when you practice a lot this line becomes deeper and after say thousands of times it starts to become automatic...I doubt anyone here has developed those deep memory lines.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I shoot fixed distance target only so I cannot speak to hunting or Field Target. I sit at a bench and use a bipod.

I use a UTG pistol scope on my 22 cal HW-44 PCP pistol out to 100 yards and aim center mass.

From 100 to 200 yards I use a Thompson Center Contender chambered in 222 and a Bushnell Match Pro rifle scope. The scope is mounted as far back as possible and when sighting you ghost ring to keep the scope from smacking you in the face.

Both pistols are shot from a bench using a bipod. Both my elbows are on the bench with the pistol extended forward, the butt of the grip resting in the palm of my non trigger hand and my trigger hand gently holding the grip .

The HW-44 will jump a little when fired, the 222 will come off the bench about 2 inches But neither pistol will recoil backwards enough to be anywhere close to your face.

Reactions: .20calguy
I shoot fixed distance target only so I cannot speak to hunting or Field Target. I sit at a bench and use a bipod.

I use a UTG pistol scope on my 22 cal HW-44 PCP pistol out to 100 yards and aim center mass.

From 100 to 200 yards I use a Thompson Center Contender chambered in 222 and a Bushnell Match Pro rifle scope. The scope is mounted as far back as possible and when sighting you ghost ring to keep the scope from smacking you in the face.

Both pistols are shot from a bench using a bipod. Both my elbows are on the bench with the pistol extended forward, the butt of the grip resting in the palm of my non trigger hand and my trigger hand gently holding the grip .

The HW-44 will jump a little when fired, the 222 will come off the bench about 2 inches But neither pistol will recoil backwards enough to be anywhere close to your face.
Thanks for the post. I shoot my HW100 also from a bench at fixed targets. I shoot at my home makeshift range that affords me only up to 75 yards. The accuracy is phenomenal!! I can literally blow out candles.
My feeling is that to set up the HW44 as a bench shooter would be somewhat redundant.
I’m looking for a different shooting experience that I think would be more challenging (in my limited range distance) so I decided to go with a red dot.

I use a Edge pistol scope , has a 2 x 7 x 30 ? or 32 ? , anyway 12 to almost 20 inches Eye relief is the big thing , full arm extension .
oops : Burris Edge
The edge comes in 28 or 32. The BSA Edge is a great scope for the money. I recently tried a 2-7x Thompson Contender scope. The glass is better but not drastically better. The eye box at full zoom was too similar to the half priced Edge, so I sold it. I’ll try a Burris next to see how much better the eye box is at full zoom.

the problem is finding a pistol scope with a long ( 14 to 20 inch eye relief) AND adjustable 10 yard parallax . i did find a 15 yard non adjustable one .
Yup, It would be nice if a scope manufacturer put out a dedicated, accurate pistol scope for inside 75 yards, with a full extended eye relief, and adjustable parallax.

Reactions: beerthief
Taking a turn from the original question, what are your thoughts on red dots?
They are about 3 moa accuracy whereas a scope is about 1 moa. That is your ability to aim not necessarily hit. Lol
They all have problems. The trick is avoiding or getting around them.

Pistol scopes;
I shoot extended grip from a bag, so I need a long eyerelief scope.

Screenshot_20240713_124657_Gallery.jpg

Parallax issues are a problem because of limited range of my pistols, and they come pre set to a fixed range.
I get a bit of a ghost ring on high magnification. I shoot through the ghost ring, like a peep sight to eliminate parallax error.

Red Dots;
My first problem with the idea of a red dot was the size of the dot. The dot would easily cover most of my targets, so I bought the smallest dot I could find.
The solution was a change of thinking from thinking, aiming a Lazer, to aiming a brass bead on a rifle sight. So I zeroed for the pellet to hit on the top edge of the dot with great results. It still has the original problem if you wind up with a hold over situation.
👍

Reactions: beerthief